457 Sponsored Visa

Guest adey

What is the usual time for the processing of a 457 visa as we submitted our visa via the website on 13 July, xrays were done on 17 July, posted 19 July to Sydney and supporting documents uploaded. We still haven't got a Case Officer as yet, is this typical? Our house is currently being sold and our buyers are looking to move in mid September and starting to worry about the timing for our visa. Won't be happy until 100% sure that we are going as literally selling our dream home in UK to move to Oz as only been in it 2 years.:arghh:

Guest thekeg95

Hi Adey

I'm going through the hoops of sponsoring a scottish mechanic at the moment on a 457 and was told yesterday to expect 6 to 8 weeks as there is a big backlog

regards

STEVE

Cheers Steve for the reply.

The company who are sponsoring me, have told me 8 to 10 weeks as it is being processed through the Melbourne migration department.

I'm just impatient as we have made the decision to go, so we want to go NOW! Hate waiting for all of this red tape, also company are pushing me to get out there asap!

Anyhow, best of luck with your sponosr.

Adey

Ours took 9 weeks. Think with all the visa changes in Sept everyone has submitted applictions causing a backlog.

Good Luck

Em x

We lodged ours 29th June,Case officer 2nd July,medicals 3rd July (hopefully sent off 4th)

Still Waiting .

Our online application status says "application being further processed" whatever that means,also says medicals still outstanding .

So we just sat waiting but want to be gone Sept/Oct.

Guest Cecilia Pryce

hi, wow someone in the same boat so to speak - frustrating isn't the word..... We are also off to melbourne on a 457 and our info looks as follows.

28th June nomination approved,

lodged 9th July visa via web

13th Medicals - also lodged via web

24th July acknowledged and case officer

since then silence - I know its only 2 weeks BUT we have a buyer who wants to be in end sept and we want to be out there end Oct. I have removal quotes, house sorted (almost) OH has the grange to do??? but time ticks on. we told our buyers we wouldn't exchange until we had our visa's from day one so all I / we can do is wait. I think the big problem with asking about how long is working out when people start from - ie is it from when the company submitted the request or from submitting visa's etc. Love to know when you hear something. We have been in our house 5 years which is the longest we have ever been anywhere so got very itchy feet but still have a 40ft container to fill.

Guest Kim Hunter

Howdy all,

Decision ready applications (ie those frontloaded) lodged on-line are taking about 6 weeks.

Regards,

did you have to have medicals or just a chest xray as we were told by our sponsor that we'd only need chest xrays for the 457? Keep reading lots of conflicting information!!!!

Itchy feet isn't the word and we are now in another dilema as the house sale fell through today so not sure whether to now keep it and rent it out or put it back on the market and try to sell it again - sold within 7 weeks so suppose still have plenty of time to re-sell as our solicitors are ready and waiting.

Head spinning so a session down the pub tonight is called for!!!!!

Guest Cecilia Pryce

hi sorry to add to confusion??? My husband and I had xrays and my daughter 22 months has a medical but they were done on line. ie the doctor and hospital submitted on line the results the day we had them done. we had a slight problem with my daughter as they said she needed an x ray as well but it was a computer problem which took a week to sort but meds are all finalized according to the updates its just our visa which is still being processed. Sorry about the house?

I think the waiting is the worse part - I sit here in the office checking my email worried that I might have deleted our green light so then check on web site but still nothing - oh well I supose its probably like waiting for my daughter to decide it was time to enter the big wide world then when it happens all hell breaks lose!!!! Keep in touch.

thanks for that bless her having to have a medical at 22 months. Good luck with your visa and like you say when we all get our dates then all hell will be let loose and we'll be praying for more time to sort things out. Can't win eh!!!

Know what you mean about the emails we do exactly the same thing I thought it was just us and we were losing the plot!!!!!

Guest johnmannuk

What I would like to say is that our sponsored 457 visa took a lot longer to proccess than normal. The reason is there is a massive backlog at the LCU in sydney in proccessing medical info. We were starting to worry as it was taking an age but ours came through on tuesday and now we are off to Brisbane in September. So if you can and I know it's hard but just try and remain patient.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Johnman is right! you must be PATIENT! Easy for us to say when we are already here i know!

I came over on a 457 and to be honest I never kept a timeline - i just thought when its done its done!

Think of all the poor souls coming over on contributory parent visas! My parents got acknowledgement on 15th feb and havent even got a case officer yet! Their VISA is about 12-15 months from start to finish!

Patience is a virtue!:yes:

When did you first start your 457 ?

I got my job offer at the beginning of May.

TRN came back around 13th June, while we were on holiday, so couldn't do anything for 2 weeks.

e457 visa application lodged 13 July.

Supporting cetrified documents uploaded 16 July.

Chest x-rays done 17 July, x-rays posted to Sydney 19 July.

Heard nothing since. :cry:

So its just a waiting game. Company who are sponsoring me have said, it will take 6 - 8 weeks from lodging your application. Not too sure if this is when they have all of the information, supporting documents and x-rays, or just from lodgement of e457 visa.

House sale fell through on Friday as buyers starting to mess us around with price of house as they know we are going to Australia :arghh:

So be warned, don't let on that you are going to Oz as they think they have you over a barrel and you will except any silly offer for your house. Be firm, be strong and tell them NO!:realmad:

Archived