Lafha

Guest Welly

Guest Welly

Hi All

Is there anyone that can explain in plain English the in's and out's of the 'Living Away From Home Allowance' that can be awarded in Australia.

I'm coming to Australia in January on a sponsored 457 visa with my wife and young daughter

Many Thanks in advance for any help.

Gareth

Guest Welly

Please can anyone give me advice on this 'Living Away From Home Allowance'? I posted the first message yesterday and you all seem to have gone quiet on me.

Any advice on this matter will be much appreciated.

:sad:

Thanks

Please can anyone give me advice on this 'Living Away From Home Allowance'? I posted the first message yesterday and you all seem to have gone quiet on me.

Any advice on this matter will be much appreciated.

:sad:

Thanks

I used to do a 4 week on 4 week off roster when working on the rigs in Singapore and Indonesia ; then a 2 week swing on the rigs once the vessel entered Australian waters down under.

Not too sure what you are asking? ........... But if this helps any?..................

Our Living Away From Home Allowance was calculated into our annual salary package.

When on a seismic vessel; we had to do a 10 weeks on 5 weeks off hitch. LAFHA was only applicable whilst on the vessel. We got paid monthly which was the norm then...... not sure about now?

On payday during the 5 weeks off there weren't as many spondoolies to splash around.

I suggest you get in touch with Allan Collet who is a senior member on the forum. He is a qualified UK and Australian Accountant and he can advise you properly. Better to pay Alan and get the exactly correct advice for such an important matter as it can be very costly to get it wrong

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/alan-collett.html

Alan's site id Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia

Archived