new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Hello Mongobear,

here's my dedails:

Name: gandalf

Date of SMP application: 6th November

Trade/profession: Software Engineer (261313)

Nationality: Russian

IELTS: 7.0 (overall band)

Visa type: n/a

DIAC Priority n/a

comments: Case ID has changed from 02XXX to 03XXX!

Best regards to all who is waiting Victoria's SS :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest machang
Hello Mongobear,

here's my dedails:

DIAC Priority n/a

Hi gandalf, My case ID also 33xx, :jiggy: I guess they group by occupation ? Me also SE. BTW what is your specialization ?

cheers mate !

Ma

Guest Mongobear

Yap, there are two gaps. One is 6 months and the other one is 2 months (out of 12 years). I've just labeled them "unemployment" since this is what it was. I've just had no job at the time.

Cheers

Uli

Guest Lankan1
Yap, there are two gaps. One is 6 months and the other one is 2 months (out of 12 years). I've just labeled them "unemployment" since this is what it was. I've just had no job at the time.

Cheers

Uli

Thanks! Its great that you have mentioned those! in the cv Good Luck!

Guest Mongobear
Hello Mongobear,

here's my dedails:

DIAC Priority n/a

Welcome Gandalf and thanks for joining us.

Good luck !

Name: md8008

Date of SMP application: 4th November

Trade/profession: 2231-79 (Computer Professional NEC) == 261399 ( Software & Applications Programmers NEC) with specialization in Network Security

Nationality: Iranian

IELTS: 6.5

Visa type: 176 (if possible)

DIAC Priority: 2 (if possible)

Comments: Case ID has changed from 021XX to 035XX!

Guest machang

Yahooooooooo I got an email from VIC Gov ....:biglaugh: Though automatic one, It brings me happiness .:laugh:

Please be advised that in order to manage our system's capacity your incomplete visa application for Victorian Government nomination or sponsorship will expire in five calendar days.

If you wish to complete and submit your application, please do so by following the steps below:

- Go to www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

- Click on 'Track - Track your application' button on the right-hand side of the website homepage

- Login with your username and password

- Go to the 'Incomplete form submission(s)' table and click on the link to your incomplete submission(s)

We look forward to receiving your application.

The LiveInVictoria Web Team.

Hi gandalf, My case ID also 33xx, :jiggy: I guess they group by occupation ? Me also SE. BTW what is your specialization ?

cheers mate !

Ma

Hi Machang

Yes, it sounds reasonable about regrouping numbers by occupations.

But I noticed that numbers changed not for all IT applicants.

Another idea is that they might be prioritizing old applications... who knows, let's just wait and see :wink:

Yahooooooooo I got an email from VIC Gov ....:biglaugh: Though automatic one, It brings me happiness .:laugh:

Please be advised that in order to manage our system's capacity your incomplete visa application...........

Yeah, got the same today.

And there is no any link to an "incomplete submission".

Do you have one?

Hello everyone, this is my first post and here are my details:

Name: konari

Date of SMP application: 4th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: 2231-79 (C/C++) applied as 261399

Nationality: Venezuelan

IELTS (if applicable): Overall 7

Visa type: 176, hopefully

DIAC Priority (if applicable): none

Delays/further docs requested: none

SS received: not yet

comments: Status "Received", case id changed from 021xx to 034xx

Anyone is aware of some inconsistencies that appear on Victoria's website, regarding to the period of time a sponsorship would be valid if it's successful? In their FAQ appears that this time would be for only four months, but when you track your application you can see in the information displayed below (under the title "Confirm acceptance and lodge your DIAC visa application") that the offer would be valid for six months.

So, what would it be? Four or six months?

Anyone is aware of some inconsistencies that appear on Victoria's website, regarding to the period of time a sponsorship would be valid if it's successful? In their FAQ appears that this time would be for only four months, but when you track your application you can see in the information displayed below (under the title "Confirm acceptance and lodge your DIAC visa application") that the offer would be valid for six months.

So, what would it be? Four or six months?

I think the validity period is 4 months. If you are not granted SS then you should wait 6 months to re-apply.

I think the validity period is 4 months. If you are not granted SS then you should wait 6 months to re-apply.

My ACS result letter has expired last 25th november. Someone told me that it's ok if your application for sponsorship was made before your assessment expires, but to enter DIAC you will need, of course, a valid assessment. This is why I'm a little worried about the four months validity period of the sponsorship because I'm currently working on my RPL application for ACS assessment.

My ACS result letter has expired last 25th november. Someone told me that it's ok if your application for sponsorship was made before your assessment expires, but to enter DIAC you will need, of course, a valid assessment. This is why I'm a little worried about the four months validity period of the sponsorship because I'm currently working on my RPL application for ACS assessment.

You must have same ANZSCO for both SS and DIAC.

Guest Mongobear
Hello everyone, this is my first post and here are my details:

Name: konari

Date of SMP application: 4th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: 2231-79 (C/C++) applied as 261399

Nationality: Venezuelan

IELTS (if applicable): Overall 7

Visa type: 176, hopefully

DIAC Priority (if applicable): none

Delays/further docs requested: none

SS received: not yet

comments: Status "Received", case id changed from 021xx to 034xx

Hey Konari,

welcome to PIO, the best migration forum in the world. And welcome to our thread as well.

I've just added your details to the first page and wish you good luck for your application !

Cheers

Uli

Guest Mongobear

And here's the first question :biggrin: Do you rewrite the whole RPL? I've also gone down the RPL route last year and have just applied for a reassessment because of the crappy 2231-79 (nec) assessment I received back then.

I couldn't find any confirmation as to whether I have to write the whole RPL again just because the its format has changed or if it would be sufficient to just hand in my updated references. I've asked the ACS but just received a useless copy/paste answer directing me to their reassessment requirements. But there's no details either.

Thank you mongobear for your kind welcome.

In regard to your question, I've asked the ACS too and I've received a similar response, maybe the same as yours. I'm also quite confused with this, but to be sure, I started to write the whole RPL again, under the new format. I'll apply as a Developer Programmer (261312) and I'll only complete TR1, TR2, TR3 and TB1 units. I don't know if I should include TB3 & TB4 units as they seem more related to a Software Engineer. Unfortunately, there is no much information out there regarding the new RPL process.

I'm also unsure about what md8008 has replied ("You must have same ANZSCO for both SS and DIAC.") as in other posts someone said that it wouldn't matter, because these codes are related. But I'm not sure about this either. I'll investigate further to be sure, but right now time is my enemy and sometimes, answers from DIAC and ACS take a long time.

Kind regards.

Has anyone who applied during the 1st week of November hear from the SMP office yet??

have'nt heard a single thing apart from my case number changing|!!

Archived