487 - Regional VIC - Hotel/Motel Manager - Your opinions wanted!

Guest kk277

Hi all,

I've been reading various posts on here for quite a few months and am finally posting a thread to get everyone's views/opinions/suggestions on the same.

I applied for an offshore 176 - Skilled family sponsored visa in June 2008 for a Hotel manager occupation but as that falls under the current category - 4, its taking forever and a day. Needless to say, Im losing hope on that aspect.

In July 2010, Ive been onshore on a student visa valid for the next two years. Recently, Hotel/Motel manager has been listed on the current VIC skills listing, which is surely exciting. I fulfill the academic, experience requirements and am lacking a job offer from regional VIC and thats something that Im applying to and interviewing for currently.

My questions now being -

1 - Is anybody out there in the same boat/occupation/regional VIC area/visa category?

2 - While applying for a 487 - regional state sponsored visa, what documents do I need to have before submitting the application. Can I apply and then go through my IELTS, assessing my experience/education/qalifications etc or is all of that needed prior to applying?

3 - If I am able to secure a job offer and apply for 487 VIC visa in December, what is the approximate timeframe for approval?

4- Ive read that DIAC aims to sort out all the backlog by Dec '11, would it make sense for me to just wait for my cat 4 application to be approved sometime next year (with the possibility of it being capped and ceased as DIAC has done before to others) and continue with my studies until then OR go through with the 487 visa and move to regional VIC?

Thank you all, in advance, for your opinions. Please help in any way you can.

Cheers,

KK

Guest zzzsianzzz
Hi all,

I've been reading various posts on here for quite a few months and am finally posting a thread to get everyone's views/opinions/suggestions on the same.

I applied for an offshore 176 - Skilled family sponsored visa in June 2008 for a Hotel manager occupation but as that falls under the current category - 4, its taking forever and a day. Needless to say, Im losing hope on that aspect.

In July 2010, Ive been onshore on a student visa valid for the next two years. Recently, Hotel/Motel manager has been listed on the current VIC skills listing, which is surely exciting. I fulfill the academic, experience requirements and am lacking a job offer from regional VIC and thats something that Im applying to and interviewing for currently.

My questions now being -

1 - Is anybody out there in the same boat/occupation/regional VIC area/visa category?

2 - While applying for a 487 - regional state sponsored visa, what documents do I need to have before submitting the application. Can I apply and then go through my IELTS, assessing my experience/education/qalifications etc or is all of that needed prior to applying?

3 - If I am able to secure a job offer and apply for 487 VIC visa in December, what is the approximate timeframe for approval?

4- Ive read that DIAC aims to sort out all the backlog by Dec '11, would it make sense for me to just wait for my cat 4 application to be approved sometime next year (with the possibility of it being capped and ceased as DIAC has done before to others) and continue with my studies until then OR go through with the 487 visa and move to regional VIC?

Thank you all, in advance, for your opinions. Please help in any way you can.

Cheers,

KK

If I'm in your shoes, i would try to hunt for your relevant job first then if I do find one, suspend your studies as 176 might get cap and cease sooner or later, and the occupation you might have in VIC list might not last too long as well... or continue your studies if you cant find one and wait until they process cat 4 which I estimate will take a really long while, maybe even after your studies, it has not yet been processed...

Archived