Mortgage in UK 4 OZ

Guest alfixie

Guest alfixie

Hi, just wondered if anyone knows how you get a mortgage in uk for house in OZ, have read somewhere this is possible but do not know where to start.

Thank you in advance for replies.

Marina:mask:

Hi Marina, I dont think you can. I'v read posts on here (none spring to mind i'm afraid...that would be tooo helpful) Im pretty sure that its not possible to get a mortgage in the UK to buy in OZ. Im sure someone will know for definite thou!

Hays

Guest JohnP

Hi There,

We financed our purchase through HSBC in Australia, whilst we're still here. Get in touch with an Aussie Mortgage Broker, they'll sort you out. Alternatively, I know Bank of Scotland used to do a mortgage for folk wanting to buy overseas.

Good Luck

JP..

Guest Laura G
Hi, just wondered if anyone knows how you get a mortgage in uk for house in OZ, have read somewhere this is possible but do not know where to start.

You can get a mortgage. You can use your English Salary to get the loan, you will get a Mortgage called 'an Investor Mortgage'. It can all be approved whilst you are in the UK, using your UK information. Once you decide what to buy you are already pre-approved and ready to go.

I have a contact number for a lady who works for an Australian Bank (Westpac), I spoke with her a couple of days ago and she didn't see any problems. I don't have it with me, I can get it for you on Monday, if you would like it

Guest gilly

I read a thread (think it was on here) and e-mailed ADA lending solutions who replyied saying they could arrange a motgage whilst we were still in uk for Oz purchase. They attached a form to complete that I cant open (my computer not their fault):wacko:Try and give them a go. Its worth an enquiry. We decided to rent first now though so wont be persueing it. Good luck Gilly:spinny:

Guest alfixie

Thanks Laura,

That would be great, I have also sent off all my details to westpac to open bank account last week so thats handy its with the same bank. Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Marina.

Guest BullcreekBob

G'day

Yes you can get a mortgage while still in the UK. Depending upon your visa you may need approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board, but that is a formality usually and only takes a couple of days. You will need a deposit of 20% or more plus any fees.

I am a mortgage broker and I've had no problems arranging a number of mortgages for folks who are in the UK and wanting to buy before they get here. Email me on bobj@mortgagestoday.com.au and I'll be able to tell you what you need and assess your situation.

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Guest Australian Property

Hi marina

Is there a reason why you wish to move to Australia and yet mortgage from the UK ?

Will you be servicing the debt from the UK in that event ?

Yes it can be done, but you might find it easier with your move to Australia to have a loan from one of the Top 4 banks before you arrive - ANZ is very good as another example.

In this day and age and with the treaties etc between UK & Australia you shouldn't find this too hard to resolve - let me know if you need some more help.

Kind regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi I was interested in this because the mortgage rate is Aus seems really high. Would it work out much cheaper to take a loan from the Bank of Scotland say to pay off your Aus purchase? Can it be done if your pension (Mil) is going into Scottish Bank. Need to know as going in 2 months!!

Thanks, Sarah

Archived