Education and Debt.

Guest mprior

Hi, I have been travelling around the world and found that Oz is the best place in the world. I just need to know that I have a BTEC and a HND and a CIW in software engineering and web design. I have the grades but not the experience. I am trying to get back into IT as we speak. If I get a couple of years behind me, do I stand a good chance of getting residence in Oz?

Also I own my house but do have a lot of debt. I am in a volutary Agreement (IVF) with a debt company. Would this stop me from getting into Oz?

• 3 months later...
Guest Sares

Hi there, we are in the same situation although we sold or house we still have a very poor credit rating and CCJ registered against hubby. I spoke frank;y to a migration agent about this and he said the oz government were only interested in debts to the state ie. tax and NI contributions. They are not intersted in personal debt of any kind so would not affect your application.

This has been a subject I have been wary of discussing but seems we are not the only ones by far. Basically I don't think people get into debt on purpose. Its a major problem over here in UK, creditor are quick to hand out loans but not very patient when a problem occurs. We were owed a lot of money by a client which sent our money situation out of control. They never paid we never got out of debt.

I am concerned because we claim tax credits now but thats all legit so I dont forsee aproblem, any insight?

Any way i hope this info is helpful to you

Sares :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest keegsandkell

We bought a 3 piece suite on a buy now pay next year in April 07. Does this mean we dont have to pay for it? If so I'll get 5 televisions on buy 1 get 4 free?

All the best

Dave and Penny

Guest choobs
We bought a 3 piece suite on a buy now pay next year in April 07. Does this mean we dont have to pay for it? If so I'll get 5 televisions on buy 1 get 4 free?

Dave and Penny

I think that's a matter between you and your conscience, not pomsinoz.com :)

Choobs

Guest keegsandkell

Sorry for the palpitations (Try Kalms tablets) I'll try to be serious in future.

Dave and Penny. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• 1 year later...
Guest the-nutters
Hi there, we are in the same situation although we sold or house we still have a very poor credit rating and CCJ registered against hubby. I spoke frank;y to a migration agent about this and he said the oz government were only interested in debts to the state ie. tax and NI contributions. They are not intersted in personal debt of any kind so would not affect your application.

This has been a subject I have been wary of discussing but seems we are not the only ones by far. Basically I don't think people get into debt on purpose. Its a major problem over here in UK, creditor are quick to hand out loans but not very patient when a problem occurs. We were owed a lot of money by a client which sent our money situation out of control. They never paid we never got out of debt.

I am concerned because we claim tax credits now but thats all legit so I dont forsee aproblem, any insight?

Any way i hope this info is helpful to you

Sares :)

:unsure: This leaves us a bit worried, we have not lived in uk for well over a year now. We know that we have outstanding tax, VAT and our NI Contributions were not upto date. We ran our own company, people did not pay us, we had no money, not a g8 situation. Anyway, if you do not have enough money to put food on your table I am afraid the tax man etc go to the back of the queue. Anyway, going off track a little, sorry... Just really wanted to know would we have to make sure all of our UK taxes, VAT and NI Contributions were upto date to ensure that the Oz goverment did not disregard our application? If anyone knows the answer to this we would be really, really grateful. Thanks

Archived