Hello

Guest Wannabe Aussie

Guest Wannabe Aussie

G'day!

Just a quick post to introduce ourselves, I'm Tara and my hubby is Keith we are in the process of applying for our PR visa (very early stages). Keith is going on Rekkie next month to suss out best IT employment areas, any advice on IT jobs and how to get them in the land down under would be very much appreciated. Places of interest are Perth, Melbourne and (to a lesser extent) Sydney. Although from research on the internet I have fallen in love with Perth :lol:

We have two small boys aged 2 and a half and 4 months (ahh!) and any advice on good family areas would also be welcome (yes I have been on Aussiemove.com)

Guest Georgina

Check out another forum - http://www.pomsinperth.com and follow the link to the discussion forum. There will be some positives and also negatives about Perth. Maybe this will help you make your mind up about Perth, whether it's a yes or a no for you.

Hubby used to work in IT and he worked in Perth for a company called ERG. What sort of IT work does your hubby do? My other half may know of some companies or job websites to look at in Perth.

Good luck

Georgina

Guest Wannabe Aussie

Hi Georgina thanks for reply,

My hubby is an IT Support Manager for a travel company based in UK. He has told me that he is responsible for all aspects of 1st - 3rd line support (whatever that means????) and also ITIL service delivery???? UUUmmm sounds really interesting.....he has heard that there is a shortage of IT jobs in Perth, would you say from your experience that this is true? Hubby has a contact in Brisbane who he is meeting up with whilst on rekkie next month so looks like Brisbane is another option for us, if you have any advice on this area it would be greatly appreciated.

Have you returned from Oz or are you in process of moving out there?

Will check out website you suggested, thanks!!

Tara 8)

Archived