RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Great, delighted to hear the good news ...another 6 months wait arrrghhh!!

Can't even get a loan out of the bloody bank, they want PR status before they'll give it to us.

For the amount of money they're getting, you'd think they could hire a bunch of temps to take over the admin etc., even just for this month. It's not exactly cheap to apply and with something as sensitive as a visa, it means a hell of a lot of people have their lives on hold until the approval comes in.

I guess there isn't a whole lot any of us can do, but thanks everyone for the bits of info here and there, at least we know where we stand (sort of!)

:arghh:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think si , it could be change non drc to drc .... I applied in Perth 27 th April non drc visa ad nomination.i asked to my ma to do something already been 3 months .. He said cannot to anything until 1 aust .. Can u clarify anyone to change a status to drc..,?

Guys I m bit confussed here, wt does anther 6 mnths means. Is it to grant visa and is it for June logdements or ny who lodged eve1.

Thx

Just a previous comment which said that Perth had received 3500 applications in the last week of June alone, and the person in that office has said they were looking at 6 months to get through everything...or something along those lines.

I'm sure that if you have your application in a while already it won't be as extreme as that.

Although, it wouldn't shock me either :)

Anyway, it's Friday, time to remove visa thoughts from head and relax!

Hi guys I think everyone get there visa with time, so don't worry you guys are at least in Australia, I am offshore from may and applied 119 in last week of feb non drc have not hear anything from DIAC yet. I'm still waiting in my country from two and half month. Hopefully I'll get soon it's been 5 month.

I don't think si , it could be change non drc to drc .... I applied in Perth 27 th April non drc visa ad nomination.i asked to my ma to do something already been 3 months .. He said cannot to anything until 1 aust .. Can u clarify anyone to change a status to drc..,?

According to the info that immigration have published you can NOT change to drc once lodged. It answers this question specifically saying that the point of drc is to stop them having to waste time and that being able to change to drc would still be wasting time. Your agent would be meaning that they can't get any answers from immigration until after the 1st of august I would guess. As this is what they have been sending out to people.

I received my RSMS acknowledgement letter yesterday. My Lodgement was 28th June 2012 COE Perth. It looks like the backlog of registering applications in the system has been covered by Perth office very fast. I think in a next week or so all the applicants of june should receive the ack letter from DIAC.

I applied for Medicare today and got the medicare number and they said card takes 3 - 4 weeks to come through.

My question is since i have a medicare...What sort of Health Benefits do i get? If my wife give birth to a child in any Government hospital.. Will medicare cover that?

Moreover, I am currently on a 457 visa which has a condition of holding a defined set of health cover....What happens to it as i have medicare now?

Guest jacob88

When you go medicare centre, u can ask them everything and they will explain u.

I am pretty sure, it wont cover dentist !

I received my RSMS acknowledgement letter yesterday. My Lodgement was 28th June 2012 COE Perth. It looks like the backlog of registering applications in the system has been covered by Perth office very fast. I think in a next week or so all the applicants of june should receive the ack letter from DIAC.

I applied for Medicare today and got the medicare number and they said card takes 3 - 4 weeks to come through.

My question is since i have a medicare...What sort of Health Benefits do i get? If my wife give birth to a child in any Government hospital.. Will medicare cover that?

Moreover, I am currently on a 457 visa which has a condition of holding a defined set of health cover....What happens to it as i have medicare now?

Until you get your visa you are still on the 457 and need health insurance.

Annoying I know. We needed it for two years while on a student visa even though we are from the uk so get Medicare from day one. I would also ask at the Medicare office exactly what you are covered for.

Until you get your visa you are still on the 457 and need health insurance.

Annoying I know. We needed it for two years while on a student visa even though we are from the uk so get Medicare from day one. I would also ask at the Medicare office exactly what you are covered for.

[h=2]I am from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia. Do I also need insurance?[/h]If you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia, you may be eligible to access Medicare. For further information you should refer to the Medicare Australia website.

See: Medicare Australia – Visitors to Australia

This is from Immigration's website

Guest jacob88
Yep, If your visa requires it then it doesn't matter if you can get Medicare. Frustrating I know, but you can claim some of it back against tax.

I believe you applied as a nursery person, do u need a registration number? how's ur processing going on?

I believe you applied as a nursery person, do u need a registration number? how's ur processing going on?

Yes I did. No registration for nursery people. It is all just a waiting game now. I am expecting a visit, and maybe I am a pessimist, but I am taking nothing for granted.

Guest jacob88
Yes I did. No registration for nursery people. It is all just a waiting game now. I am expecting a visit, and maybe I am a pessimist, but I am taking nothing for granted.

i have a question. Now you are working for ur employer right? what if he/she send u to other workplace but the paid is coming from ur current emplyer and working in the different workplace, do u allow to apply 857 as well?

i have a question. Now you are working for ur employer right? what if he/she send u to other workplace but the paid is coming from ur current emplyer and working in the different workplace, do u allow to apply 857 as well?

Well my job description says that I will do some work off site, so they know that before even giving me a visa. Mine is minimal though. As long as your employer has been honest with them about this being part of your job I can't see an issue.

Guest jacob88
Well my job description says that I will do some work off site, so they know that before even giving me a visa. Mine is minimal though. As long as your employer has been honest with them about this being part of your job I can't see an issue.

in 857, stage 2 is employer nomination. how would you know ur company nominate or work?

Guest jacob88
I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean.

My point is, the first is to get RCB approval, right? and Stage 2 is employer nomination

in 857, stage 2 is employer nomination. how would you know ur company nominate or not ?

My point is, the first is to get RCB approval, right? and Stage 2 is employer nomination

in 857, stage 2 is employer nomination. how would you know ur company nominate or not ?

We are using an agent. We have done a drc application so stage two and three were applied for at the same time. The agent went through everything, and immigration have taken my money, so I know stage two has gone in. Are you worried yours hasn't?

Guest jacob88
We are using an agent. We have done a drc application so stage two and three were applied for at the same time. The agent went through everything, and immigration have taken my money, so I know stage two has gone in. Are you worried yours hasn't?

Yes man, i applied 857 and worry abt it.

I send stage 2 and 3 applications and immi taken my money already... so u said "so I know stage two has gone in" which means, i finished stage 2 as well

Guest jacob88
It doesn't mean stage two is approved, but you know it is there.

I worry about the whole blooming thing. We just have such shockingly bad luck.

shocking bad luck.... such as?

Every single time we have got to apply the rules have changed (within a week the first time, second time three weeks out). Then we got turned down first time for the rcb (because they don't seem to have read it). Then hubbies medical got refered and took ages to come back. I am fully expecting a visit from immigration and some form of problem.