RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest ronak219

Thanks guys

I dont knowhow to put timeline as signature

SA certification Applied May Got it in july end

RSMS Nomination and Application applied together at Melbourne (NON DRC) 4th August

CO Allocated - 8th feb. Documents requested and Provided 10th aug

Visa Granted - 15th feb.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ronak219

Thanks guys

RSMS Nomination and Application applied together at Melbourne (NON DRC) 4th August

Visa Granted - 15th feb.

Application and nomination both lodged in June.

CO appointed 5 nov

extra info regarding nomination, specifically job description and contracts asked for

CO went on leave for Xmas and whole of Jan!

no news yet, been two weeks since co got back.

I am worried, I don't think my boss provided the correct details..

so its either ask for more information..

..or bye bye Australia!

Thanks guys

Visa Granted - 15th feb.

Congratulations Ronak!! Great to know that Melbourne has moved forward even when the updates are still at 01/08!!

you had a fast decision as well, enjoy your moment:-)

:-)

Application and nomination both lodged in June.

CO appointed 5 nov

extra info regarding nomination, specifically job description and contracts asked for

CO went on leave for Xmas and whole of Jan!

no news yet, been two weeks since co got back.

I am worried, I don't think my boss provided the correct details..

so its either ask for more information..

..or bye bye Australia!

Are you from high risk country? Decisions for high risk take longer so try not to panic, I would give it another week and then I would call them

Guest goldie85

HI i have my NT RCB approved on 30th august 2011 and i applied for 857 visa on 2nd September 2011 with Melbourne diac till now i didnt have CO assigned can some one tell me how much time its going to be take for my 857. I sent blank email to Melbourne DIAC but it is stuck on 1st august from more than seven weeks now. i am very frustrated.

HI i have my NT RCB approved on 30th august 2011 and i applied for 857 visa on 2nd September 2011 with Melbourne diac till now i didnt have CO assigned can some one tell me how much time its going to be take for my 857. I sent blank email to Melbourne DIAC but it is stuck on 1st august from more than seven weeks now. i am very frustrated.

Hi goldie, unfortunately the updates via email is the only thing we have, Ronak got his PR today and he lodged 04/08 in Melbourne so it is moving, slowly, hopefully they got over the backlog in June (due to the fees increase) and will move faster! I would say at least another 4 weeks..I am 08/09 :-)

Guest alfredv
Hi goldie, unfortunately the updates via email is the only thing we have, Ronak got his PR today and he lodged 04/08 in Melbourne so it is moving, slowly, hopefully they got over the backlog in June (due to the fees increase) and will move faster! I would say at least another 4 weeks..I am 08/09 :-)

F.Y.I, I am from a high risk country, and I put in my DRC nomination through a migration agent on 25th July 2011. Am surprised I still havent got a case officer assigned till date even though others who have applied after me have either got a case officer or got their visa. My migration agent contacted DIAC this Tues, still no reply yet.

Has anyone lodged a DRC visa at Melbourne recently??

Lodged mine seven weeks ago and got acknowledgement of receipt five and a half weeks ago and heard nothing since?migration agent said she would chase up last week but I haven't heard back...getting impatient as others who lodged at the same time seem to have theirs, or at least a CO!Haven't seen the OH for 4 months :(

Hi guys, got some good news this morning- husband's employer sent email to our MA ( not a very polite email) and she forwarded it to the DIAC and they emailed back saying that our case was moved ho the "allocation tube" and will be with CO next week!!!

geting very excited and SCARED :-)

F.Y.I, I am from a high risk country, and I put in my DRC nomination through a migration agent on 25th July 2011. Am surprised I still havent got a case officer assigned till date even though others who have applied after me have either got a case officer or got their visa. My migration agent contacted DIAC this Tues, still no reply yet.

Have you actually lodged your application? I always thought that the clock starts ticking after the application is lodged?

Guest smwarlock20
Hi guys, got some good news this morning- husband's employer sent email to our MA ( not a very polite email) and she forwarded it to the DIAC and they emailed back saying that our case was moved ho the "allocation tube" and will be with CO next week!!!

geting very excited and SCARED :-)

Im pleased to hear that Katrina.havent heard of allocation tube before..

Im pleased to hear that Katrina.havent heard of allocation tube before..

Me neither Smwarlock

this is exactly what it said :

"The application has been placed in to allocation tub and will be with a case officer next"

So hopefully it won't be too long now! Have you contacted the immi?

Guest smwarlock20
Hi,

I am also from a non ETA, so i think we have to wait for about 8 months, this is unfair for us, i think every application should be treated equally, where do you live? i am in Townsville

Thats the game bud.u gotta play by it.Im from Warwick.

Guest alfredv
Have you actually lodged your application? I always thought that the clock starts ticking after the application is lodged?

You are right Katerina! thank you for bringing it to my notice. I contacted my migration agent and questioned her about it. She had given me a different impression about the whole application process. It looks like I have waited for these bloody 7months for nothing!!! If I apply now, my visa application date will be Feb 2012. I will now have to wait for DIAC to process applications of aug, sept, oct.... jan, feb!

Am so pissed off with my migration agent at the moment... I had told her several times that I wanted the fastest and quickest approach to the getting the RSMS visa because I am away from my wife .. she was under the impression that I wanted to be cautious to avoid losing out on the visa application n RMA fee incase the application was rejected!

I dont know what to do now.. I have been away from my wife for the past 2.5yrs now and now the prospect of being away from her for another 8-10months or more is killing me!!! I have 1/2 a mind to contact the immi dept and find out if anything can be done but am not sure if they will respond considering the fact that I have applied through a migration agent....

You are right Katerina! thank you for bringing it to my notice. I contacted my migration agent and questioned her about it. She had given me a different impression about the whole application process. It looks like I have waited for these bloody 7months for nothing!!! If I apply now, my visa application date will be Feb 2012. I will now have to wait for DIAC to process applications of aug, sept, oct.... jan, feb!

Am so pissed off with my migration agent at the moment... I had told her several times that I wanted the fastest and quickest approach to the getting the RSMS visa because I am away from my wife .. she was under the impression that I wanted to be cautious to avoid losing out on the visa application n RMA fee incase the application was rejected!

I dont know what to do now.. I have been away from my wife for the past 2.5yrs now and now the prospect of being away from her for another 8-10months or more is killing me!!! I have 1/2 a mind to contact the immi dept and find out if anything can be done but am not sure if they will respond considering the fact that I have applied through a migration agent....

That is tterrible alfredv!! Why is the approval of the nomination taking so long?

I think you should ask your MA to lodge the application DRC, so you could have a grant in less than 2

months ,but not sure if you can do that if nomination was non DRC..!if they don't give you straight answers I would consider getting a new agent.

Hope you get this sort out quickly I can't imagine to be away from my husband for so long!:(

good luck

Guest smwarlock20

Am so pissed off with my migration agent at the moment... I had told her several times that I wanted the fastest and quickest

approach to the getting the RSMS visa because I am away from my wife .. she was under the impression that I wanted to be cautious to avoid losing out on the visa application n RMA fee incase the application was rejected!

Mate that is horrendous.she is just not terrible MA but a pathetic person to follow her own assumptions.i feel sorry for you.my advice flip ur bird n pick another MA.

Guest alfredv
That is tterrible alfredv!! Why is the approval of the nomination taking so long?

I think you should ask your MA to lodge the application DRC, so you could have a grant in less than 2

months ,but not sure if you can do that if nomination was non DRC..!if they don't give you straight answers I would consider getting a new agent.

Hope you get this sort out quickly I can't imagine to be away from my husband for so long!:(

good luck

I have no idea why the approval is taking so long. The nomination was a DRC application...thats what the migration agent told me.. but she says that irrespective of whether DRC or not, the application is put in the same pool.

I have no idea why the approval is taking so long. The nomination was a DRC application...thats what the migration agent told me.. but she says that irrespective of whether DRC or not, the application is put in the same pool.

There is no way DRC nomination would take this long, I think you should call DIAC and ask what is the problem with it, and ask MA for a proof that it was lodged at all, my MA always forwards all the emails from DIAC to me

Guest alfredv
There is no way DRC nomination would take this long, I think you should call DIAC and ask what is the problem with it, and ask MA for a proof that it was lodged at all, my MA always forwards all the emails from DIAC to me

I have already requested for an appointment with the migration agent at her earliest. I will also ask her for proof that the nomination was a DRC application.

Guest alfredv
Fingers crossed you get some answers!

Let us know how you get on

Sure hope so. Thank you Katerina for your interest and for bringing the discrepancy in the information provided to my notice... :-)

Gosh alfredv, that's a terrible situation, I really feel for you. My nomination was lodged DRC and was approved in about 6 weeks.

I just have a quick question if anyone can help?My application was lodged DRC in Melbourne 7 weeks ago with nothing other than acknowledgement of receipt, so my MA chased up last week and was told my file had been re-allocated to Sydney, would this just be because Melbourne have a backlog or should I be worried?It was lodged with medicals etc included.

Guest alfredv
I have already requested for an appointment with the migration agent at her earliest. I will also ask her for proof that the nomination was a DRC application.

Just an update... Just got an email and evidence that the application was a DRC nomination. I have approached the Director of the migration agency who has in turn forwarded my email to a senior migration agent. I am expecting a call / email from either the Director or the senior migration agent once they get in touch with DIAC regarding the status of my nomination. Hope to hear from them tomorrow.