Any help would be great!

jillgamble

Hi, my husband has been offered a job in Melbourne and the employer are using a company to prepare a 457 visa. I've been told that I (wife) can go on the same visa for 4 years and be able to work, however our son because he is 18 is a bit more complication. He works now in the UK but only a temp position and still lives with us... the bad news is, he was arrested on Sunday for drink driving and we are panicking now that he will not get into Oz which ultimately means we won't go. Does anyone know if they are likely to refuse our son? thank you.

Guest VickyMel

Hi Jill

Bumping your post - I'm sure someone with more reliable knowledge will come and advise later.

We have seen people with drunk driving convictions get in - I think (but don't rely on me) that as long as there is not a 1 year prison sentence it should be OK. But wait for someone who knows for sure than listening to me! You may be best getting advise from an agent who has experience (many give free initial interview).

Again wait for someone who knows but I think your son may need to be finiancially dependent on you - again someone else will surely come along and advise you.

If he is not eligible now then there may be other options for him - working holiday visa..?

Good luck - I'm sure you will get something sorted

VickyMel

Guest Violet S

Hi Jill,

How about direct your question to Gill. She should be able to give valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Violet

Guest guest36187

I am pretty sure too that he would have to be dependant on you. I would get some advice on it to be honest.

Good luck and keep us posted x

Archived