Saying Thanks

Guest famousfive

Guest famousfive

I've decided to post a thread in recognition of and as a thank you to all the family and friends we left behind when we decided to come to Australia.

We all know that our moving here has an effect on the family we leave behind,especially for those of us who have children and are close to our extended families.

We also understand that close friends have to come to terms with our decision to move and in some cases they are left with a void that takes a long time to fill.

For our childrens friends it can also be hard to find new best friends that they can hang out with.

Knowing how hard it was for them would not stop us moving to Oz but we would have had one extra worry if we knew.We never really know of any of this until we return home again[but I have been sneaky in checking up on them all before I let them know of our decision to return]

My Mom has been great through this whole process,always encouraging and a strong shoulder to lean on.But I know from my niece that Mom has struggled terribly since we left because we were a large presence in her life and I became her support system when Dad passed away.

My daughters best friend has also had a big change in her life.She herself immigrated from the Phillipines only four years ago and quickly became a permanent fixture at our house,in fact I taught her Irish to help her ease into the school system.She misses my daughter terribly,they were like sisters.

My best friend rarely goes out anymore[she has never told me this]and is already planning a welcome home party for us!!We don't go back for another 8mths.

How wonderful they all are to support us in our dreams and never hold us back with the shackles of guilt.

I for one am glad of their support and thankful they never made me feel their hurt at our decision to leave.

I am also happy to be able to return to the welcome of such precious people.

Thank you to all my family and friends.:hug:

PS- anyone who feels thankful for the support their loved ones at home gave them can feel free to post it on here

Guest siamsusie

A beautiful post and I sincerely wish you and the family all the happiness when you return.

Best wishes

Susie

Guest Hearne_Family

Its a sign of a great person who, despite their own feelings will encourage you to follow your dreams and be there for you no questions asked when you return.

Great post, good luck.

Terry.

Archived