Experience in Cargo

Guest darmanin

Guest darmanin

hi everyone...i am tooo apprehensive about all this....what has your experience been taking your pet in cargo or any info you have??

I am just so scared as she has to fly from heathrow to sydney and she is a "fragile" persian, however, have no good home for her.

Please help my nerves here and tell me your experiences:hug:

Guest dawnpepper

our two dalmatians flew in cargo. It was all sorted out for us by a company called Golden Arrow who certainly allayed our fears. We were worried more about the older dalmatian as he came to us when he was 22 months old and has always been clingy. I cannot tell you how they fared between Birmingham and Perth but they left the UK in good health and they arrived in Perth in good health, have had no health problems since being here and just love the australian way of life and love lying outside now in the sun. I think we worry more than the animals do. I have heard that the cargo hold is pressurised like the passenger compartment, is kept at a comfortable temperature, and dark and so the animals just curl up and sleep and do not require sedating. We have been very happy with our experience and are just so glad we brought them with us.

Dawn.

Guest darmanin

hi,

thanks for you reply....glad sounds all went very well....with cats though if they darken the cargo is this not worse as they are more awake at night?

Guest Kathryn7

I brought my cat over. Can't fault the company we dealt with, they took her a couple of days before she was due to fly, vets check them over and they make a box for them to travel in.

I went to see her about a week into her stay in quarantine and she was fine. She seems to love being here too, very settled. I think as Dawn says, they just go to sleep during the trip.

Only think is, she must have done nothing but eat and sleep in quarantine as she had doubled in size when I picked her up!! And she has got even fatter since being in Australia, so is obviously content (bit like her owner!)

K x

Guest juliemtaylor

My two 13 year old cats travelled with Petair UK and were really fine. One of them is a very nervous cat and hates anything noisy or new. She was totally not bothered by the flight, they just settle down and go to sleep. When in quarantine she was very happy to see the food bowl! and some kind people on PIO took them some toys and a scratching post which they loved (no toys etc provided), and when we came over and fetched them they were really happy to see us and are just as cuddly and happy as ever.

Julie x

• 1 month later...
Guest darmanin

hi everyone,

the time has come to send our precious little persian cat to sydney.....any cat owners have made this trip lately please write back with your experiences

Archived