Citizenship by Descent Question

Guest Marc42

Guest Marc42

I'm in the process of trying to apply for citizenship by descent through my late father, who apparently obtained dual UK/Aus nationality back in 1952. In order to prove that he was Australian I've obtained from the National Archives Office his immigration file which contains his application and an official letter confirming it was granted. Sadly, the NAA say they are unable to locate the actual registration/naturalisation certificate, despite having the number and date it was issued. I am at a loss to know how else to prove he was Australian - unless DIAC will accept the file, minus the actual certificate ?

Does anyone know if DIAC keep a citizenship index going back to the 50s ? I can't apply through form 119 as that only relates to my father. He kept no records himself. Any ideas ??

Marc42

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marc42

I'm answering my own question, but thanks for looking. If anyone is in the same boat ie.Parent deceased with no docments. As the National Archives held the original immigration file, minus the actual certificate, I have confirmed with the High Commission in London that will be sufficient evidence, so once the certified docs come through, I will be able to apply through form 118.

Archived