Holiday Let, Childcare

Guest quigs

Guest quigs

Does anyone know of a good place to rent in Oct for approx 8 weeks in the Seaforth, Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights,Clontarf, Fairlight, Manly area? We would prefer somewhere modern/contemporary. I have been on the realestate sites. Has anyone used a good relocation agent?

Can anyone advise how I go about finding help at home with cleaning/ironing and some childcare? Do most people go to an agency? can anyone advise of one? is it difficult to find someone or are they in short supply?

Any advice would be appreicated

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaptainCook

Hi Quigs

Not sure how far along you have got in your research so apologies if some of this is obvious. We were in much the same boat a few months ago, we're now in Balgowlah Heights which is lovely, if pricey, luckily we found a slightly shabby but affordable house! For a rental for 8 weeks you might still end up paying holiday rates and the easiest thing to do would be to get a holiday let in Manly but try these places direct, they might have something, there's so many corporate relocations in this area and most of the people I have met are renting through them;

Klaric Partners in Seaforth, Richardson and Wrench Freshwater/Manly, Raine and Horne Manly, Cunninghams in Balgowlah.

Are you looking for something long term in the area after 8 weeks, they probably are also the best agents for that too. I used a relocation service called Sydney Settlers, the lady that runs it Sue found us a few apartments to consider but we needed a garden and we got some suburb reviews too, her rates are very reasonable.

We got our first rental for a month through the apartment service in Mosman;

Rental Apartments Sydney & Melbourne by The Apartment Service

Also try Manly Shores Property Management they manage other property in Manly that isn't on their website with cheaper longterm rates Manly Shores Holiday Apartments

Also Holiday Accommodation, Holiday Rentals, Homes & Serviced Apartments in Australia

Childcare wise what ages are you looking for? I've found there's alot of competition for Pre-school places. There's also longday care and there's council run centres that do occassional childcare bit like a creche there is one in Seaforth called Harbour View and one in Manly called St Matthews. I found this childcare register useful;

Manly Warringah and Northern Beaches Child Care Centres, Kindergartens, Early Learning Centres, Nannies, Babysitters and more | The Australian Child Care Index

And this is a good site for babysitters or nannies, there's lots of Uni students in this area, especially Clontarf for some reason, who are looking for babysitting or mothers help work, Nanny, Babysitter, Baby Sitter - Find A Babysitter

Lastly cleaners, there's a few agencies a bit like Molly Maid but I found some through the Manly Daily. There's lots of Korean couples who advertise there, rates seem to be around $30 a hour and they seem to prefer fortnightly rather than weekly, not sure why.

Good luck! and get in touch if you settle in the area. You can always PM me if you want to email me about anything else.

Emma

Archived