Working with the police

k8bug79

Hi, sorry I haven't had time to search previous posts so I hope i am not duplicating

I am just starting to study towards a Criminology and Psychology degree with the Ou, main reason being that if we get to Oz in te meantime I can either continue or transfer to the Oz OU to finish the degree. If I decide to change career and use this I would be looking to do something like criminal profiling, intelligence or counter terrorism with the police.

I know in the UK that quite alot of this work is given to civillians who work with the police and I know what types of jobs to look for. But I am a bit lost with the oz Police.

Can anyone tell me how they work over there? and what jobs there are and ob titles.

If anyone works in this field could you tell me if there are placements to work alongside your study (I know they ahve youth schemes but I am 30) What would b a good job to start looking for to get a foot in the door?

I am looking at moving to Adelaide so have looked a bit at the SAPOL website but also at the other states websites, it seems that the local government advertises most of the jobs. BUt is anyone state better for this type of work? Maybe we could reconsider where we went based on my career. Hubby is a chef so can get work anywhere.

Any info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated thanks

Archived