Greetings and Salutations!

Guest choobs

Guest choobs

Hello :) We're in the process of, well, filling in lots and lots of forms. We're a couple with three children and we're going down the Skilled Sponsored route, with myself providing the skills as an IT Systems Manager and my spouse providing the sponsor relationship.

Although I have well over ten years experience, I don't have a degree, so I'm going down the recognition of prior learning route for ACS accreditation. It's a hard slog, but I think I'm getting there :)

Hi choobs..And welcome....

I'm from Edinburgh but currently live in Glasgow, working in Pompey and hopefully moving to Perth...Once visas been granted.

Awaiting the 'email' as we speak. When oh when?

Considering we applied last MArch and STILL no reply :? we're getting a wee bit fustrated. How about you? When do you expect to go? I'm guessing it'll be fasttracked?

Tim

Stuck in the crapiest B&B in the UK! Comon Mrs DIMA Hurry Up!

I know exactyly how you feel about the waiting, we were in the same boat :( ...... but man once you get that call and you know your whole life is about to change, wicked or what, be patient and the call from DIMIA will come!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest choobs

Well, we're applying under skilled sponsored - I'm an IT Systems Manager and my Wife has relative just outside Sydney. I dunno about fasttracked, though - I'm just limping along.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time at the very start of the whole internet thing, so I've got bucketloads of experience. What I don't have, though, are formal qualifications, so I'm doing the ACS Recognition of Prior Learning thang. It's a shedload of work, but reasonably straightforward once you get your head around the hideous forms.

If anyone is in the same boat, I'm happy to help out. Having said that, I haven't heard back from the ACS yet - they may be rolling about under the table laughing :)

Choobs

ps Sorry for the delay in replying - been off on holiday, filling in said forms.

Archived