hairdresser help

Guest samlisinlove

Guest samlisinlove

hi everyone,

myself and sam are new at this and just starting with the TRA so any advise would be really great. i am a hairdresser and have been doing hair dressing for nearly 5 years and that includes my training ,i did an apprantership which lasted 2 years then i went on to do my level 3 , the whole time i was in full time working in a salon. im not sure on how much experance i need. I have city and guilds cert for all my training , pls if anyone can advise on the work experance

:jiggy:

thanks

lisa and sam

Guest uluru

Hi!!!

You need two years full time in experiance.....its also on MODL list, hi points...60 for the skill & extra 15 coz its on the list!!......you'll ave no probs getting in. Are you using an agent? & where abouts are you heading for in Oz?

Best of luck with TRA!:jiggy:

El

Guest samlisinlove

:wubclub:i hope so just getting all paper work together i just worried as you here about poeple who dont give enough evid so trying to gett alot of it . we are doing it ourselves as we are saving our money as we are getting married in 5 months.

we would like to go to perth as my husband to be is a scubs a diver

Guest Jo & John

Hi,my name is JO. We are at the very start, my husband is on the wanted list, he is a bricckie, and I too am a hairdresser. Have 20 years experience did my city and guilds, but cant find my certificates. Rang the college and because it is so long ago have no record of my two years at college. I am part time in a salon now and have found out that I would need my level three anyway. This would cost me 500 pounds to do quickly!! I dont believe they will let me work without it. So have not made up my mind wether to become a lady of leisure or do the level three. I am told there is not that much more to it, and I work in quite a modern salon so have kept ontop so to speak, even with a break while the kids were smaller. I would like to know first hand wether they would take you on to see your work. You seem to have a definite advantage with your level three, I THINK THE PAPER WORK SEEMS A MUST, BUT ONLY WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM BRITISH NOT FROM ANYONE OUT THERE. Dont know wether this helps.

Guest kdal
Hi,my name is JO. We are at the very start, my husband is on the wanted list, he is a bricckie, and I too am a hairdresser. Have 20 years experience did my city and guilds, but cant find my certificates. Rang the college and because it is so long ago have no record of my two years at college. I am part time in a salon now and have found out that I would need my level three anyway. This would cost me 500 pounds to do quickly!! I dont believe they will let me work without it. So have not made up my mind wether to become a lady of leisure or do the level three. I am told there is not that much more to it, and I work in quite a modern salon so have kept ontop so to speak, even with a break while the kids were smaller. I would like to know first hand wether they would take you on to see your work. You seem to have a definite advantage with your level three, I THINK THE PAPER WORK SEEMS A MUST, BUT ONLY WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM BRITISH NOT FROM ANYONE OUT THERE. Dont know wether this helps.

Hi Jo

If I were you I would get the certificate as these days employers are certificate mad arn't they!! Not like years ago and work experience would do, they all want a bit of paper.

Sorry not a hairdresser but read your post and just thought if I were you and were in the position to do the level 3 then go for it.. Then when your in Oz and if they ask for that bit of paper you can FLASH it to them ....

Gd luck

Guest uluru

Make sure you give as MUCH detail in your Q7 as possible. And check through the checklist. ALSO a good DETAILED reference from your employer. It's a shame you can't go through a agent, they are worth every penny (i think) as sometimes I found things to be a bit hard to understand & questions then I'd always get the picture with my agents help etc.....

WISH YOU LOADS OF LUCK & PATIENCE!!!:yes:

El

Guest uluru

Hi ....

I know you can contact the CITY & GUILDS themselves....to track your certificates. Might be worth while you foning them & quering. But you can always go with your OH being a brickie!! GOOD LUCK!!

El

Hi Guys and welcome 2 pio,

We r hoping 2 get a visa granted on my hairdressing,but i was out of it 4 5 yrs and we could not apply until i had been back in it 12 mths (which was feb) and i have 2 do the min of 20 hrs per week on the shop floor (which i do 25).Our agent told us that i had 2 have 3 yrs experience 2 of that training,which i have 10+ at the same salon.I was 5 points short and the only way 2 get these were 2 either put the $100,000 2 the oz gov or get a job offer, this is where the agent has been great we didn't really want 2 put the money up so he got me 2 job ffers and the best thing about it is i don't have 2 take the jobs if i am not keen on anything.

Soz it's long but i hope it helps in the future:idea:GOOD LUCK. Also i haven't got my level 3.Might b best 2 speak 2 someone.

Guest Jo & John

Thanks for that Elene, I Think I will phone city and guilds direct to see if they can track them down for me. I have a feeling they are in my moms loft or my own. HOWEVER TO SEARCH OUR LOFT WE HAVE THE EQUIVALENT OF TWENTY JUMBLE SALES IN THERE AND I THINK I WILL ONLY DO THIS WHEN WE MOVE UNLESS I GET BRAVE AND BLITZ IT. i am giving the impression i live in a tip, it is very minimal, but the loft is the junk room.

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hi all. I too am a hairdresser and have just had our visas. We used an agent which I too would recommend if you cab afford it.

For the TRA applied for last august, I had to have all my certificates certified copies, and I too am C&G qualified and have Advanced not Level 3 so that is the equivalent of that helps. C&G charge £30 for a copy of each cert. I have mostly been S/E for the last 20 yrs as a mobile hairdresser and had to provide witness statements, supplier statements and tax, accountant details etc and all that was proof enough that I am qualified. Sending copies of all your CPD certsis helpful too. I think if you go on the Immigration website, there are the catergories of the different requirements of work experience hours needed, depending on how long you have been a hairdresser.

Best of luck . Hope my little knowledge helps.

Nicki :wubclub:

Guest uluru

Hi Nicki...

Just wondering how long did it take for your VISA to come etc...???:jiggy:Thats next stage for me!!

all the best!!

El

Nice little 'Hairdressers' thread goin on lol!!!:biglaugh:

Guest thekeg95

Hi Jo

If your comming over under John as a brickie and don't need your trade then i would not worry to much about your tickets unless you want to train others. With your experience the cv should do the job. My mates missus is a hairdresser and makes about $18 per hour so i wouldn't go to to much expense.

good luck

STEVE

Guest samlisinlove

thanks guys

all that info was help full just wandering if any know if the detailed letter from your prevous employeer can been typed up by me stating i doo this and that etc.. but then my employeer sighns it it just he is sooooooo busy he said he has not got the time .also how do you set the letter out any advice would be really greatful

lisa and sam:jiggy:

Hi Lisa and Sam,

My boss 2 is very busy so i did it 4 her. I had 2 write everything i do ie blowdrying with round headed brushes and a hand held dryer, u have 2 detail everything and u have to state how many hrs a week u do and when the letter is signed u have 2 state who they r, like i had to put The Owner Of ...................................

Hope this helps a little and u know where i am if any more help is needed.GOOD LUCK:)

Archived