Got a Sponsor - what next?

Guest kamlak

Guest kamlak

Hi All

Currently in Oz for the week and looks like I have got a sponsor. They would like me to come back out in July and work with what would be my team for a week and see how it goes

I am happy to do this as it will give me a great chance to see how they work and allow them to do the same with me

If successful then they have agreed to Sponsor me for the position

Does anyone have an idea on what I need to be able to do this work for this period, what VISA will I need and how long will it take to be approved ?

Also anything else I need to consider

many thanks for all replies I get

Kamlak in Oz

:notworthy:

Hi,

Well you will need the Subclass 457 visa for sponsorship, also the company sponsoring you has to be sponsor approved with immigration, the company will then apply for nomination and should get you a letter of job offer and you fill out the visa form, this type of visa isnt too expensive. The company needs to decide how long they are sponsoring you for which can be upto a maximum of 4 years of which in the time you can apply for PR (permanent Residency) i think it is after 12 months being there and working. We are going out on a 457 sponsorship, we have been to the visa lodged process at one point with a company but it fell through due to immigration were not happy with companies procedure, then another fell through. If you need any more info let me know, i am considereing going there for a week job hunting. Hope this helps and again dont hesitate to contact me if you need anymore answers and if i can help i will. :spinny::cute:

I forgot to put that from when your visa gets lodged with immigration it takes anything from 6-8 weeks for your visa approval, you will also need medicals etc, visa forms tell you what documents you needs to include with your application. :spinny::yes::cute:

Guest kamlak

Hi tonyandlynne

Thanks for the information - the week over here really works as employers respect the fact that you have taken the time and cost personnally - on reflection a week was not long enough, so you may want to make it longer if you can

I will progress the 457 form

Thanks again

Kamlak

:notworthy:

Your very welcome, 1 week is all i will be able to do as i will already be using an excuse for getting out of work so short notice as our medicals expire on 25th September 2007 so need sponsor asap hence reason i may have to get out of work on short notice to go for a week to look for work. My parents live in spain so will use that and say i had to go there on an emergency.

If you need any more answers please dont hesitate to ask and i will help as much as i can :yes::wubclub::cute:

Archived