passport

Guest tracyinsydney

Guest tracyinsydney

Hi,

Does anyone know if you are able to return to the UK with less than 6 months validity on your passport. I am returning to the UK the end of April and my 12 years olds passport expires in October. Malaysian airlines have said he can't travel unless we renew his passport, but we have one way tickets and are returning after being here temporarily.

Thanxs.

Guest proud2beaussie

If you are UK citizens then yes you can be immigration cleared to enter the UK on presentation of a passport that has been expired up to 12 months,however the airline does have the authority to deny boarding ,and they do so in some cases,my advice is to renew the passport.

Edited to add:

Having said that if it's a case of there only being a few weeks difference then most airlines would probably be fine,but it is up to the airline and they can be hard to deal with sometimes,you could perhaps try phoning their reservations number and ask for a team leader,explain the situation and they may make an exception in your case.

Guest tracyinsydney

Thanks for that it expires on the 24th October and the 6 months would mean they wouldn't allow him to travel after the 25th April and our flights are booked for 30th April. I'm not sure how "by the book" Malaysian airlines are but i will try speaking to a team leader. Thanks again for your advice

Archived