medical/police requests

Guest claireand bob

Guest claireand bob

Hi, can anyone tell me apprex how long after application is sent to the time medicals are requested. Also how long after medicals would a decision be made

thanks

Claire :D :?:

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

It all depends on which Visa you have applied for. We have applied for a Skilled Independant which was sent to DIMIA in November to date we are still waiting for this to be allocated to a Case Officer.

We contacted our agent who said that it is taking around 4 months before a CO is allocated, god only knows how long it will then take for meds etc to be asked for.

Guest Ally&Daz

Hi,

We applied for a SIR 136 in middle of Sept 05 and have just received notification e-mail to have the medicals completed. I think after these have been submitted and all is well then it's a matter of a few weeks before the Visa is granted.

Not long now....

Guest wfourie

Ally&daz congratulations nearly there!!!

Did you use an agent? Also when did you get assigned a case officer?

We on same class and submitted October so just trying to map the 2, although I do appreciateeach case is different.

good luck

Guest Ally&Daz

wfourie,

No agent used, just a lot of research completed by both of us...thankyou to whoever invented the internet! I found the immigration website straightforward once we knew what visa to apply for.

The first contact we had was a couple of weeks after sending the application.

Application sent on 23 Sept, e-mail reply received on 06/10/05 stating that processing etc was underway and expect to hear from them in Jan/Feb 06.

E-mail from C.O. received this morning requesting us to arrange medicals and complete them before the cutoff date of 07/04/06 otherwise application will be binned.

Will complete that within the next couple of weeks (time off work permitting)and we'll take it from there.

Hope this helps.

Archived