Sparkie wages??

Guest Mrs O

Guest Mrs O

Hi there,

can anyone give me a rough idea of a sparkies wages in Adelaide. We're trying to work out some finances and struggling to find out average earnings.

:idea:

Any help greatly received, cheers!! :notworthy:

O

Guest Stu:0
Hi there,

can anyone give me a rough idea of a sparkies wages in Adelaide. We're trying to work out some finances and struggling to find out average earnings.

:idea:

Any help greatly received, cheers!! :notworthy:

O

Hi there, most of oz is very similar. Your looking at $22-$25 an hour working as a trades assistant unil you get your licence then once youve gained your licence $28-$33 an hour. Maybe more if you were going to sydney. These are average figures working for a company. Obviously you would get more working for yourself or going down the mines.

I will say that Victoria where you are heading is the hardest state to get your licence:shocked:.

Hope that helps

Stu

Guest Mrs O

Thanks Stu

at least we've some idea now, much appreciated! :notworthy:

I'm finding it so hard to find info about salaries, appears to be jobs but they don't state earnings.

Had heard licensing in Adelaide was a pain, don't know why it's different to the rest of Oz (trust us to choose this state!) :daydreaming:

O

Thanks Stu

at least we've some idea now, much appreciated! :notworthy:

I'm finding it so hard to find info about salaries, appears to be jobs but they don't state earnings.

Had heard licensing in Adelaide was a pain, don't know why it's different to the rest of Oz (trust us to choose this state!) :daydreaming:

O

Yes from what i have been told victoria is a nightmare to get the licence but south australia is meant to be the easyest. You can have it in four weeks where as victoria you could be looking at a year:arghh:. But i was told you can go to south australia to get the licence then have it transferd to victoria!

Stu

Guest lilstewie67

isn't adalaide in south australia???

the original post states that they would like info on wages in adelaide (or have i missed an edit to the orignal post?)

isn't adalaide in south australia???

the original post states that they would like info on wages in adelaide (or have i missed an edit to the orignal post?)

Oooops i always get melbourn and adalaide mixed up! Working to many long hours at the mo! Think i did answer about the earnings in adalaide, wages for sparks are similar throughout oz appart from sydney??????

Guest Mrs O
south australia is meant to be the easyest. You can have it in four weeks where as victoria you could be looking at a year:arghh:.

Stu

Hi Stu

Don't know how long ago it was when you got your license? Especially in a 4 week period, but they must have changed it, been told 4 months at least! :nah:

If we were going to Perth we could apply for the license before leaving the UK, but in SA we have to wait until arrival before applying for the thing, slows things down enormously!!

Wouldn't say it was the easiest, more like a pain in the butt!! :arghh:

Cheers

O

Hi Stu

Don't know how long ago it was when you got your license? Especially in a 4 week period, but they must have changed it, been told 4 months at least! :nah:

If we were going to Perth we could apply for the license before leaving the UK, but in SA we have to wait until arrival before applying for the thing, slows things down enormously!!

Wouldn't say it was the easiest, more like a pain in the butt!! :arghh:

Cheers

O

If you follow the link i have given it is for a company called peer training. They do the regs course to get your licence. It is simply a 4 week course 2 days a week followed by the exam. Once passed it gives you the unresticted licence.

I take it you know about the ARTC you have to do first.???

http://www.peer.com.au/courses.htm

Stu

Guest Mrs O

Thanks Stu that's GREAT! Cheers much appreciated!! :notworthy:

It certainly looks like I was given the wrong info.

Is the ARTC an exam and only done in Oz? Do you know what the percentage pass rate is?

Is there also a practical test? If so do you know what is involved?

Any advice much appreciated!

O :jiggy:

Thanks Stu that's GREAT! Cheers much appreciated!! :notworthy:

It certainly looks like I was given the wrong info.

Is the ARTC an exam and only done in Oz? Do you know what the percentage pass rate is?

Is there also a practical test? If so do you know what is involved?

Any advice much appreciated!

O :jiggy:

The ARTC is just the same as your TRA application exept it is assesed by a different body. What people dont understand and are that when they do the TRA they think that that is it and when they arrive in oz they can work but they cant. The TRA is purely just for migration purposes just to get you into oz. Once you get there the hard work really begins.

Like i said the ARTC is just like the TRA application. You need to go into fine detail about your work history, copy of certificates, references from all your employers( as in depth as they are prepared to go),i also included many photos of me working. This application is sent back to melbourne and assesed. If they are happy with your application they will send you confirmation and you can apply for a restricted electrical licence which means you can work supervised until you get your full licence. You would get your full licence from doing the course at the training centre i gave you.

You are going to the best state to get your licence as all the others can be a nightmare with months of training. You mentioned it taking four months, that maybe the case if you were to go to the tafe(college).

One thing before i forget, if they are not happy with your ARTC application they may give you an interview/test over the phone!

The link below is for you to get your ARTC application. They will post it to a uk address but once you send it back the outcome can only be sent to an oz address so you need a friend to have it sent to.

Hope that helps, a lot of peolpe have no idea about the ARTC and thin because they have done the TRA thats it! Far from it!

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Category/SchemesInitiatives/TRA/2SkillsassessmentforAustralianresidents.htm

Stu

Guest Mrs O

Hi Stu

thanks for confirming that for us, you really know your stuff!! Much appreciated, (know where to ask for further info.) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest Hammer

:wacko:Hi mate, been reading some of your replies. You seem pretty gened up! Got a couple for you if you dont mind. Do they use same size things like 3.5 and 4mm screws, 20mm and 25mm glands that sort of things:huh:Stupid type of question but might buy some new tools but dont want buy 24mm spanners and things for glands if i wont really need that size. And do i dump all me 2.5 and 4mm screw along with me 20 and 25mm holesaws?Taken your commnents on board bout ATRC. We've got visa but not going to around caloundra till next summer. Is there any courses or things i can do from here?:mask:. What are the courses you recommend doing or must to get a decent electrical contruction position? Keith(hammer)

:wacko:Hi mate, been reading some of your replies. You seem pretty gened up! Got a couple for you if you dont mind. Do they use same size things like 3.5 and 4mm screws, 20mm and 25mm glands that sort of things:huh:Stupid type of question but might buy some new tools but dont want buy 24mm spanners and things for glands if i wont really need that size. And do i dump all me 2.5 and 4mm screw along with me 20 and 25mm holesaws?Taken your commnents on board bout ATRC. We've got visa but not going to around caloundra till next summer. Is there any courses or things i can do from here?:mask:. What are the courses you recommend doing or must to get a decent electrical contruction position? Keith(hammer)

Hi mate, at the present moment in time i cant tell you about the gear they use? I leave for oz in two weeks so should be able to tell you more shortly after that. One good thing i do know is there twin and earth allready comes earth sleaved:spinny:.

So your off to caloundra, i fancy living there meself. We are heading for cairns to start with for a year or so but intend to settle more down brisbane way. I have a jod to go to as soon as i get there( as long as i get the ARTC through, still waiting). Loads of work up there. I dont think there are any courses you can do mate, you will just be throwing money away. I would keep an eye on the TRA wabsite as the process is changing as of the 1st of july for electricians getting there licence. You will be able to do it from the uk so that you can start work as soon as you get here. Exactly how it should be. I would take a look at that and see whats going to be involved. Just wish they had done this a litle sooner!

Keep in touch.

Stu

Guest Hammer

Hi Stu,

I'm well Jealous. Wish i was going over that soon. Got to wait for me kids too finish school and college. We know 2 other couples who are close friends who are both moving to New Zealand within the next month and we'll be stuck here for a year. We sort of picked Coloundra cos it's near enough to Brisbane for work/colleges, etc but far enough away if youy know what i mean. hope it's ok. Must admit me and the missus fancy further North later on maybe Townsville, We liked there, but think we might end up in Port Macquarrie if she cant cope with the humidity if too high. Keith

Archived