Bridging visa B info

Guest Ivan84

Hello everyone, I've applied for bridging visa B in november 09 and just got back from overseas, i was there due to some health issues in my family and stayed nearly 3 months. My question is if anyone knows can I apply for another bridging visa B because i hae reason and I need to go again very soon.Or is this bridging visa only once? My situation is that Iam currently waiting on a decision for permanent residency, subclass 885. Thanks alot

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ivan

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I'm not sure of the details with Bridgiing Visas but I think - only think - that once a Bridging Visa B has been granted, you stay on it? However I am not sure and you should ask in your local DIAC Office.

Normally a Bridging Visa B only allows 3 months (88 days) in a calendar year to be spent outside of Australia. However a few weeks ago, one of the Aussie Registered Migration Agent who posts on here said that where a graduate Student has been caught up in the limbo imposed by the Minister for Immi, apparently DIAC are granting up to 6 months at a time outside Oz.

Also I suspect that the DIAC staff would be OK when family illness is the cause of needing to spend time outside Oz. They are humans and they all have families of their own. So have a chat with the local DIAC people, I would suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Archived