State sponship ???

thunee71

Hi

I want to apply for SSV for WA. :

1.How much money do you need to have in your bank account ( 2 adults + 3 kids) when lodging your application.Also at what stage do DIAC look to see if you have sufficient funds.

2.When you arrive in OZ do they still check if you sufficient funds in your account.

3.If I get my visa for SSV and while living in WA and I get a job offer in Melbourne, can I move state and what paperwork would be required.

Thanks

D:goofy:

Guest CARLJ13

Hi

As far as I'm aware you don't actually need to prove anything. I think they want to see a figure of $50,000 on the forms.

However, if you do move to W.A. and you fall upon hard times I doubt you'd get much help from W.A. as they will refer back to the settlement funds you stated you had on the forms.

With regards to moving from state to state - no don't think you can. Maybe in extreme cases but this could effect you later on - if you went for citizenship.

Plus if you're looking at W.A. for state sponsorship it would suggest your job is in demand and would have opportunities for you in W.A.

It might be worth holding on though or speak to an agent as with these new changes states may change the lists.

Hope that helps - that's info I've obtained along the way.

Carl

P.S. What is your occupation?

Archived