Parent Visa

Guest haze

Hello everyone we are new to forum just found you after looking for info on visa's

Understand parent visa can take up to 10 yrs unless we have $35,000 ish now would this be for both of us or is it $35,000 each ? sorry I cant work this out.

We could not afford to pay $70.000 but we are so desperate to be with our only grandchild we would be able to afford $35,000 ish sorry cant remember the correct sum without looking back but could only pay this money after sale of our house how would this work could we apply for visa ?

Thanks for any info

Haze

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Haze

The Contributory Parent Visa which the the costly but quicker visa is around

Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143)

Charge TypeCharge Amount

1st instalment$1705

2nd instalment$34 330 per person

2nd instalment For applicants under 18 years $1485

There is a very long wait for the normal Parent Visa as it is not a Permanent Residency Visa and does not cost as much.

We applied for ours in Feb 07 and it cost us around $70,000 for the second instalment (for the two of us)

plus medicals/police checks and we also used Go Matilda as our Agent to make sure all paperwork was correct. We did not want any delays of not ticking a box only to have the paperwork sent back again and again.

Caz

Hi Haze

The Contributory Parent Visa which the the costly but quicker visa is around

Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143)

Charge TypeCharge Amount

1st instalment$1705

2nd instalment$34 330 per person

2nd instalment For applicants under 18 years $1485

There is a very long wait for the normal Parent Visa as it is not a Permanent Residency Visa and does not cost as much.

We applied for ours in Feb 07 and it cost us around $70,000 for the second instalment (for the two of us)

plus medicals/police checks and we also used Go Matilda as our Agent to make sure all paperwork was correct. We did not want any delays of not ticking a box only to have the paperwork sent back again and again.

Caz

Thanks for reply Caz looks like we can't do it after all, as we could not afford this ammount ......I was hoping only one parent had to pay but not so.... anyway thanks foi nfo

Haze

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Haze, sorry to hear this especially after reading your other post. Have you chatted with an agent to see if there is any other way?

Gill on here is very knowledgeable and maybe if there is another way she would know and be able to advise.

Big hugs, they always say where there is a will there is a way, so i will keep my fingers tightly crossed for you.

Kate

Oh Haze, sorry to hear this especially after reading your other post. Have you chatted with an agent to see if there is any other way?

Gill on here is very knowledgeable and maybe if there is another way she would know and be able to advise.

Big hugs, they always say where there is a will there is a way, so i will keep my fingers tightly crossed for you.

Kate

Ive been on government site and think ! I could apply for Parent Visa as I want to work huband doesnt so not sure if he could come on my Visa it not clear to me perhaps I am reading it wrong !

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi haze

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Please forget about jobs at the moment. How old are each of you and Hubby, please, and do you have British or other Low Risk country passports? The answers to these two questions are the ones which I need in order to help you.

Cheers

Gill

Hi haze

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Please forget about jobs at the moment. How old are each of you and Hubby, please, and do you have British or other Low Risk country passports? The answers to these two questions are the ones which I need in order to help you.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

We both have UK Passports Im 52 ans huband is 58 husband does not work due to accident at work and gets small pension he will still receive no matter where he lives

Thankyou for welcome

Haze

Archived