Citizaneship

Guest mickthemackem

Guest mickthemackem

Hi to all on pio.

I have read so much on this site that has been really useful.

This is my first post so there might be some stupid questions asked. so here goes

my oh was born in australia and lived there for the first 10 years but came to england with her parents and stayed.

she holds an aussie passport but has not renewed it as of yet, will she still be classed as an aussie citizane, because i read on immi site citizaneship can be lost if you become a citizane of another country.

glad of any advice.

mick,,

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Mick

I am not 101% but I know that we have both duel citizenship for UK and Australia so I am sure there won't be any problems. It may be worth sending them a quick email just to confirm, unless Gill or one of the agents on here can advise.

Good luck and wecome to PIO.

Kate

Guest mickthemackem
Hi Mick

I am not 101% but I know that we have both duel citizenship for UK and Australia so I am sure there won't be any problems. It may be worth sending them a quick email just to confirm, unless Gill or one of the agents on here can advise.

Good luck and wecome to PIO.

Kate

Thanks for the reply Kate,

Is it possible for us to get our children citizenship by descent with their mother being born in aus.

Mick

Guest Guest31881

Hi, Your OH should be fine getting her passport renewed, My wife is Australian and holds duel nationality, about 7 years ago they started to allow duel nationality with other countries and the Uk is one of them. Your OH should also be able to obtain passports for children as they are the children of an Australian citizen. I beleive its just a simple form to fill in.

Archived