any regrets

Guest jordan

Hi every one,

My friend just moved to Brisbane from Birmingham ,spoke to her a few times now and eveytime she tells me she wants to come home. She tells me the place is beautiful but she just misses her friends and family. Now im worried dont want to go through all the forms , get there and want to come home. Has anyone got any regrets about leaving England and there familys or is Australia worth it. If some one can let me know there views on this subject.

Thank you :?:

Guest ABCDiamond
Hi every one,

My friend just moved to Brisbane from Birmingham ,spoke to her a few times now and eveytime she tells me she wants to come home. She tells me the place is beautiful but she just misses her friends and family. Now im worried dont want to go through all the forms , get there and want to come home. Has anyone got any regrets about leaving England and there familys or is Australia worth it. If some one can let me know there views on this subject.

Thank you :?:

Hi

That is one of the main reasons for people returning home, from anywhere that they have moved to.

Some facts include that about 25% of permanent migrants do return home. although some do stay for a long time before returning. And then of course, some come back again :D (I did)

MANY people do go through a stage of "homesickness", but then they get past that and begin to enjoy their new lives.

How long have your friends been in Brisbane, and have they made new friends here yet ? The first 6 months seems to be the worst, and then Christmas can be a killer, but once these pass, people tend to settle.

I know many Brits who have arrived in the Bayside region of Brisbane, and many are quite happy here, although of course missing family does tug at times.

It must depend a LOT on how close you are to your UK family.

I can imagine that the worst scenario would be: Having close family in the UK, and arriving here shortly before the Christmas period begins to take hold. (maybe Oct/Nov)

Guest jordan

Thank you for replying, my freinds been ther since the end of october which was a bad time to move really. She told me she wishes she had waited untill after christmas. The kids have no school because the schools have broke up for the school holidays, they have no toys as the shipment has not arrived yet and no friends. She has met a few people but is going to have to leave them now, as her husband has found a job so they are going to have to move again nearer his work. The positive note is she said Brisbane is a beatiful place and she picked well ,and thank god for the swimming pool. Me and my husband have got along way to go before we get to sunny Australia, i hope my friend will still be there when we get there.

thanks stacey :lol:

Archived