Bull by the horns

Guest bwana2bob

Guest bwana2bob

My wife, I and 2 boys 6 and 3 have been toying with this for a year. During that time I decided to do a NVQ in my current job to get paperwork as I only have a diploma in Nature Conservation from South Africa.

I run my own business buying, repairing and selling cars. My NVQ is in Panelbeating and Vehicle painting. My jobs is on the MODL and Skills in demand and I get 120 points but still don't know what visa.

We want to migrate to a small rural town and have been looking at either Western Australia, South Australia or New South Wales.

I would prefer a job offer before I go, is teh Skill matching Database the right way for this.

We want to do the paperwork ourselves and not use an agent due to finances. I have a sister in Brisbane she has been there for over 20 years but is not in a position to sponsor although we are welcome to stay with her if needed.

Any suggestions, tips and advice are really welcome before I start down the nerve wracking road.

• 8 months later...
Guest mickroo

Hi

Try ringing one of the many agents that are out there, get them to do the intial assement for acceptability. They will tell you what you want to know then go it on your own.

Regards

Mick

Guest daisydeeds

I guess it might be an idea to speak to a migration agent as you could perhaps be eligible for Skilled Sponsored Visa and we are almost near the end of the process - going to NSW. http://www.overseasemigration.co.uk are the folk that we have used. They offer payment plans so that is another option for you.

Good luck!.

Daisydeeds.

Archived