Police/Medical requests

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

I have been reading on this and other sites that people are sending Police & Medicals even though they have not been asked for by DIMIA. I note that this may speed up the process but i was under the impression that your police and medicals are only valid for 1 year after which they could be asked for again.

I have been advised by my agent that to validate your visa you have 1 year from when your police check was requested, so in theory if you got this in January and DIMIA asked for this around November there is a very tight period in which to validate this.

This is just a general query and it may differ depending on which Visa you are going under. It would be nice to hear what motivated people to do this and if they regret doing this?

Many thanks

Guest glennandkate

Hi Neil,

I think the reasoning behind getting your medicals and police clearance early is that sometimes there can be a delay getting appointments with the Medical Examiners. If you wait until DIMIA request these details, then try to book an appointment it can delay your application by a couple of months. But if you have them ready to send there is no delay.

My hubby and I have just sent off our TRA and (fingers crossed) when it comes back OK we will get our medicals and Police checks done at the same time we send off our visa application.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Many thanks for your response.

I think for us it's just a case of waiting to hear from DIMIA, we have booked to go back to OZ in December so lets just hope we hear before then and we can validate the visa at the same time. (fingers crossed)

Good luck with your application.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

Anybody can apply for there police checks this is done via (subject access rights) with your local Police station.

They will send you out a form to fill in, you need to send along either a copy of your passport (photo id required) along with 2 utility bills or payslips and £10.00 (i think)

It will clearly state which documentation to send, it can take anything upto 40 days. I had to apply for one for my current job this took about 15 days to be sent. DIMIA will only accept your police record if this is valid validation period is 1 year from date of application .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alison1967

I sent the paper part of my licence and a bank statement for hubby, with no problems.

I also have just done my medicals unrequested two months after submitting my visa. The acknowledement letter stated four months to assess visa application so I am hedging my bets by doing it inbetween in the hope that four months after lodging it it will be granted because they have all the info they need.

fingers crossed, good luck

Alison

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi all,

I've been reading on other sections of this site that when you have your medical this is sealed then sent onto London via Sydney. I have not yet been allocated a case officer and am considering applying for my medical (agent says hopefully around March time before CO is allocated)

If i opted to have my medicals prior to a CO being allocated i'm a little puzzled as to how the medical and Visa paperwork are merged together? Would there be a reference number on my Visa that i would need to reference when sending my medical.....

Sorry if this seems like a silly questions to ask but as much as i keep telling myself to chill out and wait my turn, i just can help it.

Many thanks.

I have been wondering the same..I havent yet lodged my 136 visa application and am wondering whether to do PCC and medicals now and send all off at once or wait until at lease have been assigned a case officer...seems like a toss up between trying to get the whole thing processed quicker and sending it now but risking 1) it getting lost somewhere along the way as you dont yet have a reference number 2) the 12 month validity issue becoming a problem......AAAHHH..

Hi Neil,

We Had the same problem, had acknowlegement letter from DIMMIA dated 14th December, but didn't know about how to get a file number without being allocated a C.O.

Just had x-rays done today and have meds booked for 17th Feb, rang DIMMIA last week to ask what is the best thing to do?

They told me to put the reference number off my acknowlegement letter on all the forms. I think that this number is the same as they use for your file number anyway.

Good luck,

Gary.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Thanks for responding.

I rang up to get some prices for the medicals today, i think i'll apply for police checks end of Feb then book medicals for March hopefully by this time something will have happened.

Hope all went well with the xrays, after totting all the extra cost's up just hope i make something on the sale of the house to pay it all off.

Cheers.

Guest Alison1967

If you send your visa first you just put down the reference number you receive on your acknowledgement they send you with your receipt of payment.

Alison

Hi Neil,

I see you live in preston, that is where we have booked for our med's with Dr Ormerod on Moor Park Avenue.Although we live in Liverpol i found preston to be the cheapest, approx £120 cheaper than Liverpool for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Where are you planning to settle in oz,

Gary

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Gary,

Thanks for this. I rang them up and got some prices so am thinking of booking in March. We loved Melbourne so this is a consideration, Sydney i wasnt to keen on, we are going back to Australia staying in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. We are going to have a right good luck in the suburbs and take it from there.

Some frineds have just come back from Adelaide and loved it her sisiter lives out there so we've decided to go and get a "feel" for the place before we decided for definate. From what i've seen Adelaide looks great but the hub of IT seems to based around Sydney or Melbourne so where ever the money takes us will be one of the factors.

How about yourself?

Cheers.

Archived