Passport information

Guest guest36187

Guest guest36187

As I recently got my Aussie passport I thought that I would let you all know how easy it was! Easy - yes! Cheap - no!!

Get your passport form and fill in. Make an appointment at your local Australia post and they check and countersign everything. They will then send it all away for you, Easy as that! They`ll tell you if something is wrong, not filled in, pic to small etc etc.

We got ours back in under three weeks and that was in December. Excellent service.

Cost $232 each roughly including postage

Guest The Pom Queen
As I recently got my Aussie passport I thought that I would let you all know how easy it was! Easy - yes! Cheap - no!!

Get your passport form and fill in. Make an appointment at your local Australia post and they check and countersign everything. They will then send it all away for you, Easy as that! They`ll tell you if something is wrong, not filled in, pic to small etc etc.

We got ours back in under three weeks and that was in December. Excellent service.

Cost $232 each roughly including postage

We haven't used a passport since we arrived 5 years ago, so we do need to get ours. It's just very expensive when there are 5 of you:shocked:

Guest proud2beaussie

If you are Aussie citizens Kate then you should get Australian passports because the government requires all Australians to carry aussie passports,do what I do,carry both UK and Australian ones and use the aussie ones in Australia and UK ones over there.

Guest The Pom Queen
If you are Aussie citizens Kate then you should get Australian passports because the government requires all Australians to carry aussie passports,do what I do,carry both UK and Australian ones and use the aussie ones in Australia and UK ones over there.

Oops, thanks for that Nigel, is that even if you don't intend to fly?

Guest The Pom Queen
No you only need aussie passports for travel to and from Australia but it's a good form of ID.

Info here-

https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/index.aspx

Thanks Nigel. I know the Russian families that we relocate say that in Russia you have to carry your passport around with you at all times, I was worried then that I should be doing that here, lol:biglaugh:

Guest proud2beaussie

No Kate I should have said "carry Australian passports when travelling overseas" rather than "carry aussie passports",lol.

Basically it just means that once you become a Australian citizen you must use an Australian passport for overseas travel whereas a permanent resident can continue to use the UK one as long as they have a return resident visa placed in it.

Guest The Pom Queen
No Kate I should have said "carry Australian passports when travelling overseas" rather than "carry aussie passports",lol.

Basically it just means that once you become a Australian citizen you must use an Australian passport for overseas travel whereas a permanent resident can continue to use the UK one as long as they have a return resident visa placed in it.

Thanks Nigel:wubclub::biglaugh:

Archived