When to go

Tarby777

Hi all,

Having just been granted our 175, Mrs Tarby777 and I are trying to work out when we'll actually be in a position to leave the UK. I think that we may have relatively few things to sort out compared to some folks, as:

1) I probably won't have a job sorted in advance - can stay in any town / city for the first few weeks

2) No kids

3) Not taking much with us

4) We'll rent our UK property out if we can't sell it in time

I'm pencilling in a late February date for making the move and need to know, is that hopelessly optimistic, or easily do-able? I've opened an Aussie bank account, I'm gathering facts about removal companies and starting to think about a house clearance... I don't think there's much else to do beyond informing HMRC / utility companies / banks / council etc, getting credit references / proof of no-claims bonus and all those other things on the standard to-do list.

What say ye, good folks of the forum? Can it all be done in time for an end-Feb bye-bye to Blighty?

TIA

Tarby

Guest Prickles83

hello,

you can see from our timeline that we got a job offer 7th october and we fly out december 28th!

Our visa (457) was only granted 13th November.

It is possible to get sorted that quickly BUT it is really stressful trying to get things sorted so quickly. I have just about managed it but there's been a couple of times i've though OMG!!!!

The biggest thing is the house- like you we haven't sold ours and we are renting it out.

Do not underestimate how much stuff you have in the house- that has been the biggest thing for us working out what we are keeping what we are taking.

Paperwork side of things is dull but has to be done!

Hope this helps

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi, we have just got our 175pr csl visa and we are buzzing but we also don't know when we should go, we will have about 200,000 pounds to take with us if we sold the house, but currently thats less than $400,000 oz dollars, last year we would have got another $100,000 oz dollars which is a lot of difference, i know its not all about money, but its very important, best of luck, jim and helen.

Archived