You're such a tease immi.gov.au....

Gothnet

I got my police cert back today, scanned it and logged in to my online application so I could upload it.

Of course the pdf was far too big and I spent a good hour or more figuring out ways to get it down below 1MB* but in the end I got there. I went back to my browser and hit upload again. I fully expected it to have timed out and it had, it took me back to the login page to enter my TRN, DOB and password again.

Then when I hit enter it said "you cannot attach any more documents because your application has been decided"

:eek:

try not to get excited, try not to get excited....

Logged into the status page and unfortunately it had lied, I just had to restart my browser :mad:

(* for reference there's a good free/open source program called scribus which will allow you to load up lots of document or image types and output as PDF, giving you loads of compression and quality options so you can tweak your docs below the threshold)

Guest Luke Brown

Mine did that when I was uploading documents directly after submitting my original application. Not sure who programmed it but seems a bit strange. Obviously it was not true, and it was another 9 months waiting!

Yup, I get that all the time whilst up-loading my hundreds of documents I have been asked for! That program seems useful - can you add lots of files together and then compress them?

I love the way that the application process is designed to auto-screen out anyone who does not have professional document management software!!!!!!

Yeah, you certainly need to know how to put together a pdf or two!

And yes, you can put together multiple pages or multiple images and get it to output a single PDF, it's very useful for that. I'm already approaching my 60 document limit (about 12 left), so I need to be careful.

Archived