Liftoff for $2.4bn Perth airport overhaul

Guest proud2beaussie

Guest proud2beaussie

About time too!

Liftoff for $2.4bn Perth airport overhaul | PerthNow

A multibillion-dollar plan to improve Perth's airport facilities - including a domestic/international merger - has been approved by the Federal Government.

Federal Infrastructure Minister Anthony Albanese said he had approved the airport's master plan, which sets out a 10-year, $2.4 billion investment program in response to Perth's growing need for modern, well-planned aviation infrastructure.

The plan includes the phased relocation of all regular passenger services to the international airport site.

``In addition, the Commonwealth and state governments are working together to identify how road and public transport links to and from the airport can be improved,'' Mr Albanese said on Monday.

A $3.5 million study to identify road and public transport links will be finished next year.

Guest siamsusie
As you say about time too! I never could understand the domestic terminal miles away from international. Perth airport winds me up big time. I guess the population expolosion has justified this, and wonderful for employment as well. Whenever I fly overseas Mr S. flies down with me, generally its an after midnight flight and he likes to wait to catch the 5.30 back to Karratha, you actually get kicked out of the airport after 2am by security wind rain or hail:cry:. Melbourne airport is brilliant, I do hope they upgrade to their standard. Great to see Skywest back with us in Karratha on a Thursday commencing this month.:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

More good news Susie,Skywest have introduced OLCI as from today.
:wub: whey delighted Nigel. I travel down to Perth next Thursday with them about $300 return, so I am a happy bunny. Thank you so much xxxx

Archived