AIRLINE REVIEWS/PICS

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

I have found a great website to look at prior to that rather short trip to OZ !!!!

For those of us that cant afford Business or 1st class and have to travel like the good old convicts did listed is a great first point:

http://www.seatguru.com this tells you which sates to book and which to avoid

http://www.airlinequality.com this is really good as it give reviews, pictures, seatpitches etc.

One tip to note, on the jumbo there are 3 rows of 2 seats only right at ther back of the plane (this ideal if couple) airlines dont like to tell people about these we booked these seats and it was great coming back from Sydney to London as there is room at the side near to the window as the seats are designed for 3 rows. BA said that these seats are reserved for people with a medical condition, so i advised that i had a weak bladder and needed to get up constantly throughout the flight, imoral i know but at least i got a good few hours kip.

Cheers.

Hi,

We flew with Singapore Airlines and requested those seats of 2 at the back.

As there are four of us we booked 2 lots of 2 behind each other, we didn't have any problems booking them. They are great seats and when there are 4 of you it means you can have a bit of a swop around and there is also room at the side to put all the blankets, pillows, etc.

Cath

Guest ironmaggi

how do you do this? phone the airline? pay? I've never managed to EVER be able to ....when I last went I was 3 1/2 hours early [being told I couldn't book anything in advance] and didn't get a window or an aisle seat....but my friends [stuck in traffic due to a crash] came 1/2 hr before take off and got upgraded in their tracksuits! Ho hum....

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

We booked our flights as normal and found out about the above website whilst reading a sunday paper, we contacted BA and requested these seat but as stated was advised that these are only for medical reason. After telling a few white lies we got the seats.

I think the days have gone when you get upgraded for nothing especially when it's a long haul flight the majority of seats have been sold but there is no harm in trying.

Dont be fobbed off you can access the flight plan and see whch seats have been allocated this is done with the carrier direct.

On the Singapore airline website there is a plan of the aeroplane, we looked at the plan, phoned them up and requested the seat numbers. They didn't say anything about them being reserved for people with medical conditions, we had no problems.

Cath

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Cath,

The information was for people who may travel with BA/Quantas. It seems that your carrier doesnt ask these questions. Incidently have you travelled with the aforementioned carrier in these seats?

• 3 months later...
Guest jonathan

Hi Adrian here cant wait to get to oz

go with singapore airlines their 777's are great and their the cheapest!

Emirates are about £300 more than singapore and thats for five of us

british airways is a waste of time its to much even in economy,trust me!To go to singpoare(just singpoare not to Brisbane(eagle farm)) it was

£3,000 for five of us in my family.

Just go with singpoare a lot cheaper and great B747 & B777's

plus their service is great!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Missiemo

Hi

We are flying with Malaysian Airlines, anybody flown with them, with have three young children, are they child friendly

Missiemo

x

Guest Nelson

When debating whether to fly business or economy it is good to remember that, however much you pay, nobody on the flight gets there any quicker!!!!

Guest Missiemo

Cheers Daz

I need to try and stop thinking about this flight, it making me crazy with worry :(

40 days - blimey feel a panic attack coming on :shock:

Guest scoop

Good luck with it Missiemo

How many panic attack have you had, not sure if my ticker can take much more. Just wanna be on the plane!

All the best

SCoop

x

Guest Missiemo

Hi Scoop

I wake up in the middle of the night with panic attacks, can not help it, I think I am going mad, can not think of anything else

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Guest scoop

With you on that one mate

Bricking myself most days

Just hope it don't go Pete Tong :shock:

SCoop

x

• 1 year later...

Just to put your mind at ease. The flights are not as bad as you imagine. I flew with Singapore Airlines and they are supposed to be one of the best airlines in the world, I can see why. The air stewards were so attentive. All the food and drinks on the flights are free (well, I guess they are included in your flight cost). They were also very child friendly (children get served their meals before everyone else).

The inflight entertainment was excellent. You have little tv screens in the back of the seat infront of you. You have the choice of about 20 different movies. The remote for the tv also has a keypad on it so that the children can play games. You also can listen to radio via the tv. Headphones are given out (free of charge at the beginning of the flight and are collected before you get off the plane.

When you get to your seat, you will find a pillow and a blanket (sealed in plastic).

My advice would be to get as much sleep as possible on the flights. I stupidly flew from Heathrow to Singapore and only had an hours stop off in Singapore airport before flying onto Melbourne. I managed to sleep for about 4 hours on the first flight and about 6 hours on the second and I still ended up with jet lag (quite badly), so sleep on those flights is important. Also keep drinking water or soft drinks (to stop yourself dehydrating)

Hope this info helps someone

• 1 month later...

Archived