"Evidence of interdependent relationship" - What is it?

Guest offshore

Guest offshore

Hi all, what is "Evidence of interdependent relationship" and what's the difference between that and "Evidence of de facto relationshipp"???

My Document list shows that "Evidence of de facto relationship" has been met and "Evidence of interdependent relationship" is still required.

There is no additional information of what this is, can anyone has done it give me some tiops?

Thanks!

Guest Guest31881

Hi I found this with Google :-

Interdependent relationship

A relationship in which a couple have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others. The relationship between them is genuine and continuing, and they live together, or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis. This is usually a same-sex partner relationship.

Note: This definition only applies to applications and applicants who applied for a visa prior to 1 July 2009.

Hope this helps, sounds like they need proof you depend on each other, live together ect.

Yes, that's right, usually they only use the terms 'interdependent relationship' when they're referring to same sex couples - ie. some countries don't recognise a de facto relationship has been entered into regardless of the amount of time you've been together if you're same sex, the legislation only refers to male/female couples.

I don't know what your situation is, however, I'd say Srp is right - they're asking for you not just to prove how long you've been together, but to prove more about the nature of your relationship - eg. you could have been together for five years but it's doesn't mean a) the relationship is going to continue long term, b) you actually want to be together, or c) you support each other in the way a couple does... does that make sense? They just want more evidence - maybe providing more in depth written statements from yourselves and friends/family who know you would help. Good luck...!

Guest offshore

Cheers - your suggestions makes sense.

However we have covered all these basis in the documents we submit to the 'de facto' category, ie. very detailed personal statements from both of us, joint rental agreements, California Domestic Partner registration, and the fact that while in the US, my partner can not work thus toally relies on my financial support (not joint bank account however).

In any case, I have uploaded some extra form 888's provided by friends to under 'interdpendent' category.

Archived