11 days to go!

Guest johnnybgood

Guest johnnybgood

In just 11 days time my wife and I will arrive in Melbourne to start a new chapter in our lives. We are recently married and have unfortunately had to make the move because of the recession. Luckily for us I work for a large Australian firm who are sponsoring and relocating us.

I was actually in Melbourne 5 years ago working on a 457 visa. I was with a friend and we were both single and just enjoying life. I am wondering how strange it will be to be back again. My memories are of the warm and friendly people, safe streets and wonderful and varied things to do in the city - so much choice!

I absolutely loved it then and I am hoping that it will be as good as it was although the experience will be so much different. We are bringing our little 3 year old cavalier king charles with us and our container will hopefully arrive around christmas with our personal items and the car. We are also planning to start a family, probably after the first year.

I recently discovered that a colleague of mine from my first time in Melbourne has moved to my current employers and we will be working in the same team again.

We are really full of optimism and excitement! Although sad to be leaving family and friends behind.

Archived