820 partner visa - can I work in New Zealand?

Guest grw

Hi all, I've just got my 820 visa through. Does anyone know if this will enable me to work in New Zealand? My partnert is an Australian citizen...

thanks

grw

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry but I don't see how an Australian visa would influence whether the New Zealand government allows you to work there or not-DIAC says that it allows you to work in Australia provided you comply with the visa conditions and remain eligible for that visa but surely you would need to ask the New Zealand authorities about any work restrictions there.

I don't know whether any of the agents who are regulars here have any knowledge of New Zealand migration but you never know.

I would suggest that you contact New Zealand immigration.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

ok, just posted on the off chance that someone might have knowledge or been in a similar situation. I know that Australian permanent residents are permitted to work there, and wondered if the same applied to holders of the 820 visa..

Thanks anyway.

grw

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry,I really don't know the answer to your question but I am sure that the NZ immigration department would help you,perhaps you could email them?

Good luck anyway.

Archived