820 visa and working?

Guest grw

Hi all, long time since I posted on here but a keen lurker, sure someone will be able to put me right.

After having been laid off earlier in the year and gone through the process of applying for the de facto spouse visa, I've just been granted the 820 visa (my partner is Australian and the reason I came out to Oz in the first place). Now I'm in the process of job hunting. A number of application forms I've seen have the option of "a)citizen, b) permanent resident c) skilled visa, d)none of the above" and similar variations on this theme. I guess the strict truth is option d, but I'm worried that prospective employers will see this an immediately consign my application to the bin, rather than face the extra expense of visas and so on. Any suggestions? So far I've found other places within the application to expain the visa situation....

Also, does the 820 visa enable me to work in New Zealand? I've worked in the property research industry and GIS for a number of years and with the GEC there's not that much work around in property so I'm casting my net as wide as I can!

thanks all

g

Archived