Nursing in Darwin

vixg

Hi Everyone, just wondered if there were any nurses on here in darwin as am thinking about coming out to oz on a sponsorship visa next december. I will be coming out by myself so want to be somewhere where i can meet lots of likeminded people i am 31 will be 32:no: by next december. Any advice would be great thank-you

:smile:

Guest guest30038
Hi Everyone, just wondered if there were any nurses on here in darwin as am thinking about coming out to oz on a sponsorship visa next december. I will be coming out by myself so want to be somewhere where i can meet lots of likeminded people i am 31 will be 32 by next december. Any advice would be great thank-you

Tis bloody hot in Darwin chook :yes:

If you don't mind me asking? Why are you coming on sponsorship? Can you not get into the NT as a skilled migrant?

kev

Hi Kev, thanks for the reply i keep thinking skilled migrant or sponsorship don,t know which way to go, i think to be be honest i am a bit scared of applying for skilled migrant coming out there and then not liking it, i have been to oz before when i was 22 on a whv i am now 31 will be 32 and more than likely still single. I have always said that i want to to go back to oz and now i have been qualified for a little while and have a bit more experience now is the right time. Sorry i know this is a bit all over the place but only finished nights yesterday morning.

Guest guest30038
Hi Kev, thanks for the reply i keep thinking skilled migrant or sponsorship don,t know which way to go, i think to be be honest i am a bit scared of applying for skilled migrant coming out there and then not liking it, i have been to oz before when i was 22 on a whv i am now 31 will be 32 and more than likely still single. I have always said that i want to to go back to oz and now i have been qualified for a little while and have a bit more experience now is the right time. Sorry i know this is a bit all over the place but only finished nights yesterday morning.

I would have thought that if you have doubts, the 175 would be the way to go. Getting sponsorship could land you in a job/hospital/employer that you may not like and you'd have trouble getting out of the contract (without penalty), unless another employer sponsored you.

As a nurse it is unlikely that your skills would not be in demand so I think you should give thought to coming over on the 175.

kev

Guest thistles and gum trees
Hi Everyone, just wondered if there were any nurses on here in darwin as am thinking about coming out to oz on a sponsorship visa next december. I will be coming out by myself so want to be somewhere where i can meet lots of likeminded people i am 31 will be 32:no: by next december. Any advice would be great thank-you

Hi Darwin is awesome!!!

Yes it is hot but most of the people that bag it have never been!!! I am a nursing student - does that count?? If you do come, the public hospital will give you a shock!!!! Be prepared...

Archived