Ceramic Tilers in Perth

Guest michelle1

Guest michelle1

Hi all, very new to all this, so bear with me! I am looking for a bit of help and advice - My family, (husband - 3 kids 8, 6, 3) hoping to be out in Nov 07 (Jan 08 at the very latest!).

David is a ceramic wall and floor tiler, self-employed here and has been in the trade for 18 yrs. We have passed the TRA and our visa application has been lodged. Wondering if anyone can help with advice on areas etc and if there are jobs out there for Tilers, if so any idea of the going rate and if David would have to be self-employed or employed by a company??

I currently work as support staff for the police, does anybody know if I am able to work for WA police if I am a permenant resident or do I need to gain citizenship first??

Appreciate any help you can give as i am currently going through the "are we doing the right thing stage!!!!!!" and looking for some reassurance!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi. I know im a bit late replying to this and im no help to you at all - sorry - but i just wanted to say Hi as my hubby is a Tiler too and we would like to move to Oz. We haven`t even applied for a visa yet so we are not as along the process as you are , but i hope it all goes well for you. I posted a question about Tiling jobs and a guy called Eric put an interesting reply - cant remember what area he was talking about though (It`s a memory thing ....and age!!). My kids are a little older than yours - 16 & 14 - which is putting me off going at the moment because my daughter is not keen , but i'm working on it!! I hope you dont mind me asking, but did your Visa application go smoothly ? And how long did it take?

Best Wishes

Karen.

Guest michelle1

Hi Karen, our visa application seems to be going okay but we are using an agent so think that helps. Our TRA has beenapproved and our visa applicatin lodged and acknowledged - about to book our meds and police checks and then its just a waiting game.

I also posted the question on another site Britishexpats and got a few replies so it might be worth looking at that.

hope this helps!

Michelle

Hi, my husband is also a self employed tiler. we are off to brisbane in 10 days. not sure about work yet as we are not sure where we wil eventually settle. Hoping that it won't be too hard to pick something up,we wil have to wait and see.

Karen, we are currently living with my parents in studham not far from hemel at all! Give me a shout if you want any help.

Louise.

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi Michelle.

Thanks- i will look at the other site.

I`m glad it`s all going well for you - i am so jealous ;-)

Good luck with it all & make sure you post when you get there to let us all know how you are doing.

Best Wishes

Karen

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi Louise.

Good Luck from me too!!!!

I hope your hubby gets loads of work.

You`re not too far from me at all. Thanks for the offer of help.

Dont forget to let us all know how you got on and how your move went.

Very Best wishes.

Karen

Guest michelle1

Hi there,

Louise, Good luck again with everything and let us know what you think of Brisbane and if theres plenty of work for tilers out there. we were heading for Perth but have recently started to think of looking at other places - how do you decide where to go?? Have booked our meds and cant wait to go!!

Sarah, thanks for the links - will make sure I look at these. Where in Perth are you heading for?

Michelle x

Guest austibeach
Hi there,

Louise, Good luck again with everything and let us know what you think of Brisbane and if theres plenty of work for tilers out there. we were heading for Perth but have recently started to think of looking at other places - how do you decide where to go?? Have booked our meds and cant wait to go!!

Sarah, thanks for the links - will make sure I look at these. Where in Perth are you heading for?

Michelle x

Michelle, send me a private message if you would like details of Tiling Firm in Perth.

Eric.

Archived