help!!

Guest craigie

Guest craigie

hi there im new to the forum,my wife and i are looking into migration at the moment, i dont think we have right skills at the moment to apply,

but my wife is currently training to be hair dresser,wich is onthe skills list,

how long after training does she need to be employed for this to count,

regards

craigie.. :)

Guest dansyl05

Hi Craigie!

Dont know if i am going to be much help, but i started training as a hairdresser last year and was told that after training at NVQ2 level, i would need to work 20 hours or more each week for 12 months before i could apply to migrate as a hairdresser. I got this feeling it could be 18 months though, but check out the DIMIA website its full of great info. Also if you've got family in Oz it can help or if you've got a trade or something useful...worth a try.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Craigie,

I looked at the option to train as a hairdresser as this is listed on the skills registered, the only time i have ever picked up some scissors is to cut open a packet of bacon!!

I contacted my cousin who is an established hairdresser and was told that you need at least 2 yrs post qualifying experiance over and above N.V.Q level 4. What the Australian government want are people who can train and transfer there knowledge when out there.

Dont give up & best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived