surprised to prefer the UK

Guest tim_the_taf

Guest tim_the_taf

We moved back from Perth in December, thinking we'd be back in Perth within a month. I've since been back 3 times with work, and we've been back for a holiday. Amazed to discover we prefer living in the UK and visiting Oz on a regular basis, than living in Oz. Lots more to do in the UK; supermarkets are a lot better; TV; theatres/ shows; booze is a lot cheaper (and better); proper football; things generally work, and you're not made to feel like a second class citizen. Not so good - weather; overcrowding; crazy traffic; the economy and the government !

Anyone else prefer being back ???? And if so why ?:spinny:

Guest LondonGal
We moved back from Perth in December, thinking we'd be back in Perth within a month. I've since been back 3 times with work, and we've been back for a holiday. Amazed to discover we prefer living in the UK and visiting Oz on a regular basis, than living in Oz. Lots more to do in the UK; supermarkets are a lot better; TV; theatres/ shows; booze is a lot cheaper (and better); proper football; things generally work, and you're not made to feel like a second class citizen. Not so good - weather; overcrowding; crazy traffic; the economy and the government !

Anyone else prefer being back ???? And if so why ?:spinny:

Glad to hear you are enjoying being back. I'm not there yet, still stuck in Perth but hopefully I'll feel the same as you after 8 months as well.

Guest Perth Princess

I love Perth but I'm missing all the things you mention. Ideally I would like to spend my time between the two but I'd need to win the lottery for that! We have struggled to cope with the major life change so don't feel I can really make an objective comparrison between the two places yet. I'm hoping that we will enjoy our next 12 months here now we are coming to terms with the trauma of getting here! After that we will decide where we want to be:confused:

Guest tim_the_taf

I'd split my time between the two as well, pity someone can't move Oz nearer to the UK ! On balance though, UK's where I prefer to live, which means I can enjoy Oz on holiday.

Archived