"British Overseas Citizen"

Guest soraya

Guest soraya

Hi All

I am in desperate need of some advice please.

My husband and I wish to travel to Oz for vacation and I have applied for my tourist visitor visa online (as I am a British Citizen).

My husband however is a " British Overseas Citizen" with full residency rights in the UK (leave to remain). Is he eligible to apply online like I have or would he have to apply in person at the London Embassy.

I have tried calling the Embassy on several occasions and getting no where! Oz immigration website takes me round in circles as they only have the option of British Citizen or British National Overseas.

Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help.

Soraya

Guest chris_mac
Hi All

I am in desperate need of some advice please.

My husband and I wish to travel to Oz for vacation and I have applied for my tourist visitor visa online (as I am a British Citizen).

My husband however is a " British Overseas Citizen" with full residency rights in the UK (leave to remain). Is he eligible to apply online like I have or would he have to apply in person at the London Embassy.

I have tried calling the Embassy on several occasions and getting no where! Oz immigration website takes me round in circles as they only have the option of British Citizen or British National Overseas.

Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help.

Soraya

Hi Soraya

Welcome to poms in oz

He may just need an ETA!

Passport holders from the following European countries are eligible for an ETA: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City and UK Citizens (and British Nationals overseas).

go to this page to confirm:

http://www.eta-visas.co.uk/travel/australian_tourist_visa.aspx

Best wishes

Chris

Archived