need help to get us started....please

Guest HennalsInOz

Guest HennalsInOz

Hi all,

I guess really, I need to speak to an agent to see where we stand but I know agents sometimes post on here so thought I would try here first.

I have a few questions about my line of work and DH's. I am a teacher, after taking a veeerry long career break for children I am getting back to supply teaching after the Easter hols. So how does supply teaching count towards the recent work experience part of the points system? Is there a minimum weekly required number of hours that I have to do? What about school hols when I can't work?

From Sept 06 to Dec 06 I did a return to teaching course with a placement in a school, I was paid to do the course, will this 3 months count towards my recent work experience?

Am I right in thinking that by the time I am ready to apply for a Visa (after sept 1st this year with the new regs) I will have to have worked for the last 12 out of 24 months? Will I get 10 points for this?

My DH works for DFDS at Immingham docks, he is a senior foreman overseeing a team of port operatives, before his promotion he was also port operative. His work consisted of unloading/loading the big cargo ships which then go the European ports. I know that there is a company in Port of Brisban called Patrick but I'm not sure what the equivalent job title is over there. If anyone can help me with these questions to start with I would be grateful.

Claire x

Guest 8788jt

Hi Claire

Can't help you with your query but I know some agents do read the Migration Issues thread so you may better posting this query on there.

Good luck - Joanne

Guest kimdownie

Hi there,

You dont actually need to speak to an agent if you want to cut out the middle man.

My suggestion is to take some time to read through the visa and immigration pages on the immi website, get to know which type of visa is applicable to you.

If you decide to go for the 136 skilled independant you will need to look at the form 1121i on the immi website, this is the list of skills occupations in demand, Your trade/skill must be on this list to be able to apply for the 136 visa you can then look to see if your trade/skill is also on the immi MODL (migration occupation in demand list) if it is, then you may be fast tracked through your skills assessment and your visa application.

Once you have found out if you are on the SOL (skilled occupation list) you will need to find out who your assessing agency is, then think about sending for your your skills assessment YOU NEED THIS TO BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR YOUR VISA!!!!!

I hope this is enough information to get you started, PM me if you want any more info

Good luck

Kim

Archived