Gold Coast 100k race Sunday 7th June

sandyhex

HI All

Just trying to get some support for my Brother who is running in The Gold Coast 100k on Sunday 7th June he is doing the 50k race starting at 6.15am from Kurrawa Park this will be his 1st race in Oz since moving in December and is an emotional race for him as he is running in memory of our Dad whose birthday would have been 4th June he wanted to do something special to mark the day this was the closest race, so if anybody is a spectator he is number 501 name Stephen

Race details can be viewed at www.goldcoast100.com some of you may live on route. Ususally myself or my Mum would have shouted him on but Mum not getting ther until 17th June

Thanks

Sandy:biglaugh:

No just his own pleasure, while in Uk was a long distance runner not elite but very good, he did Marathon of Britain which is 6 marathons in 7 days the last day being 58 miles all around The Malverns not flat like Goldcoast,too many more to mention. When he emmigrated he left me all his 3 folders of certificates and newspaper cuttings plus all his medals, this he said was the most emotional race ever though as none of us are there. I'll put his time on when I know it.

Sandy

Archived