Citizenship (Will They kick me out)

Guest WEZLY80

Guest WEZLY80

I am unsure about the 4 year rule for citizenship. My problem is that i have a 175 visa which was granted 18/02/09, valid to 18/02/14.

I am travelling to OZ next week only for a week to validate my visa, then i come back to the UK. Then im going on a overland trip from the UK to Oz which reaches Oz in early March 2010.

So i will be permenantly in Oz from March 2010 to Febuary 2014 just a few weeks shy off 4 years. Will they allow me to apply for citizenship when my visa runs out? or will they kick me out the country?

Guest chris_mac
I am unsure about the 4 year rule for citizenship. My problem is that i have a 175 visa which was granted 18/02/09, valid to 18/02/14.

I am travelling to OZ next week only for a week to validate my visa, then i come back to the UK. Then im going on a overland trip from the UK to Oz which reaches Oz in early March 2010.

So i will be permenantly in Oz from March 2010 to Febuary 2014 just a few weeks shy off 4 years. Will they allow me to apply for citizenship when my visa runs out? or will they kick me out the country?

Hi Wezly80

As long as you have PR you are will be fine. Please see link explaining citizenship.

Step 1: Am I eligible? – Other situations

Best wishes

Chris

Archived