Emirates - my report

Guest KIZZY

Guest KIZZY

I have read many reports enquiring about the service on Emirates and facilities at Dubai airport.

So I thought I would share my recent experience, as I travelled trying to experience it through the eyes of Poms in Oz.

Checkin at Heathrow - very quick, I had checked in online and I was the only person at the fast bag drop.

boarding - very organised with families and passengers needing extra time boarding after Business and First Class.

The rest of the plane was boarded from the back (row 49) to the front of economy on row 17.

The service on board the flight was very attentive.

Children received entertainment packs with little rucksacks and colouring pads and colours.

There was a selection of baby food as well.

The entertainment was fantastic - all the lates films, and a good choice of music and TV. The TV system is on individual screens, with a personal remote that you can start and stop films as you wish.

There was a good selection of food. Out of London and Dubai they served breakfast first ( both flights morning) about an hour and a half after departure.

A main meal was then served about 2 hours from landing.

I would recommend taking some snacks, mainly to tackle boredom rather than hunger.

You can ask for soft drinks and coffee and bar drinks throughout the flights.

The leg room is very good. rows 17 to 46 in Economy are configurated as 3 - 4- 3 and narrow to 2-4-2 on rows 47, 48, 49.

Dubai airport for transit passengers:-

Baby strollers are available free of charge on exiting the plane and then situated throughout the airport, they are bright red and seemed to be a good standard. Excellent if you have checked your stroller in at the start of your flight.

I found the departure area very busy first thing in the morning, a bit over-whelming near the shops but there are plenty of quieter areas with seats with legroom nearer to the gates.

There are good eating facilities and an hotel for transit passengers.

Sorry for the long message, but I hope it answers some questions that have been posted recently.

KIZZY

Guest Beach Babe

Good to know that you can borrow a stroller until you can pick up your own from luggage, as that is a real hassle trying to get too sleepy babies off the plane!!

Guest KIZZY

Yes you can use them from the plane, until you leave the baggage hall, or if you are in transit you can use it until you board the next plane. There were plenty of locations to borrow from as well.

Guest sazzle76

We had a fab experience with Emirates, we traveled when our little boy was 9 months old and the cabin crew let me use their fridge to store bottles and let me use the kettle/hot water to make up new ones and boil bottles thru when I needed. Saved me asking them all the time I just got up and did it!

We flew Business class so there was plenty of room and the lounge was fab in Dubai too so we could resort bottles and refresh and eat!

We didnt know about the buggies and struggled with ours and all hand luggage when we neednt have.

We flew from Mancheser and Lil one slept all the way to Melbourne and al the way back as far as Dubai so we were very lucky.

Hope BA are just as good, Im a little worried about a 3 year old sitting backwards tho :o(

Archived