Can someone tell me!!!

clubby67

Hi everyone

What kind of evidence does you sponsor (my stepson) have to provide to say they are 'settled in Australia, he and his brother have been there for almost 20 years, does he need a letter from immigration to confirm this or will there be something in his passsort, I know they get stamped now but not sure what they did 20 years ago.

Thanks

Clubby67

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Clubby67,

Alan Collett has some information about the definition of "settled" on his website.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News but basically it means someone who has been lawfully resident in Australia for a given length of time,so I'm sure that in your stepson's case 20 years would be good enough !

Cheers

Guest The "legdes"

Our brother sponsored us, he'd only been a PR for 6 months. He had to show he had a job and his kids were in schools, they were living perm there. That was all - we got the points without any probs so you should be totally fine.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone

What kind of evidence does you sponsor (my stepson) have to provide to say they are 'settled in Australia, he and his brother have been there for almost 20 years, does he need a letter from immigration to confirm this or will there be something in his passsort, I know they get stamped now but not sure what they did 20 years ago.

Thanks

Clubby67

Hiya Clubby

Is your stepson an Aussie Citizen?

By the time my sister sponsored my mother for her CPV, Sister had been in Oz for over 20 years. She produced:

1. Her Aussie passport

2. Her Aussie Citizenship Certificate

3. Her marriage certificate to prove her change of name.

You say that your stepson will sponsor you. Please be CAREFUL about this. How old was he when he became your stepson?

Also you mention "his brother." Are they and the prospective sponsor full brothers or half-brothers? In other words, is one of them your step-son and the other one your natural son?

Are you a solo applicant or is this a joint H&W application and your step-son is your OH's son?

Cheers

Gill

Hey Gill if you read this already I am sorry just hoping to get a reply before my stepson pays another $100 tomorrow or our tonight for their tomorrow.

Hi there thanks for the reply I am going with my husband, the boys are his, and we have two girls together.

The boys are not citizens, but when the eldest (36) went to the immigration he was told to get a form to prove he is settled in oz , said the form would cost $100 but it was the wrong one, he phoned them and they basically said sorry no refunds you will have to pay another $100 for the right form, I thought it was a bit strange so thought I would enquire on this great site.

Archived