Passport

Guest nikkichap

Guest nikkichap

I have just renewed my passport as I am returning to the UK in May for good .

I still had 2 months on my old passport but as I am stopping over in Dubai for a few days I had to get it renewed. My old passport has my visa sticker. My new passport has not. Will I have problems when leaving the country? I will keep my old passport with me just in case. My OH is telling me not to worry as it will be on the system but I am a bit worried. Also, I am leaving with my 2 boys and my OH is returning to the UK at a later date. Do I have to have his permission in writing to take the boys out of the country?

I just don't want anything to stop me leaving!!!!!:v_SPIN:

Guest Guruju

HI Nikki

I travelled with two passports one of which had my current visa in it and just showed the both to immigration. I dont know about the documentation needed for taking the kids with you but it may be worth having somethign anyway, just in case. Regards Julia

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi ,

I would take both passports with you in case their computers decide to crash just before you are due to board (It's happened to me !) as regards the children,well it may seem a bit of a hassle but I would have your OH sign a stat dec saying setting out the circumstances of the situation,have that witnessed and take it with you and you should have no problems at all.

In my view it's always better to be safe than sorry with anything to do with immigration etc.

Good Luck

PS: Stat Dec example here:

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/rwpattach.nsf/VAP/(CFD7369FCAE9B8F32F341DBE097801FF)~StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf/$file/StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf

Archived