Help, please

Guest pieboy

Guest pieboy

I am new to this, so please be gentle!

I am considering an offer of a job covering Oz, NZ and SE Asia.

I lived in Adelaide as a child, but have not residency qualifications. I still have family in the area.

I wanted to better understand:

What are the nicer areas to live in? We were Elizabeth years ago...

What is the average income in the area for a senior sales role

What it the average house price (min 3 bed) to buy or rent

Can I put my kids in State shcools and what are they like compared to GB..

Not too much to ask for eh?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tinbasher

Hi Pieboy

With regards to areas there are loads of lovely ones, it all depends on where you will be working. Elizabeth may have changed a little from when you were a nipper.

Check out: Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au

for houses and: Job Search, Employment Information and Career Advice at careerone.com.au

for jobs.

With regards to schools if you are looking at public schools you would need to be in the zone for a particular school in order to get a place. Sometimes, if they are not full, they will take children from outside the zone or they will take students on certain scholarships. A boy who lives opposite us got a music scholarship at one of the more sought after public schools and we are a good 40 minutes away from the school.

Schooling itself is more laid back than the UK, although they are working on a new national curriculum so that is probably going to change. There are good and bad things in both education systems.

Mrs TinB :GEEK:

Archived