jo martin

Guest jo and martin

Guest jo and martin

hi can some one help me iam a plumber and would like to know if anyone has an idear how much money i can earn in adelide or melbounre any idears would be agreat help cheers martin

Guest tracy hunt
hi can some one help me iam a plumber and would like to know if anyone has an idear how much money i can earn in adelide or melbounre any idears would be agreat help cheers martin

We are wanting to know the same as you! My husband Bradley is a plumber aswell and we are looking at Adelaide or Melbourne. We are currently collecting all the info necessary for the TRA, so we are right at the beginning of the process. We know nothing about wages, only that Melbourne is likely to pay more, and that the cost of living is higher there anyway! Adelaide appeals to us more because of it being smaller and a better climate and also the houses are slightly cheaper, but Melbourne may be a better place for more options for Bradley with plumbing.

Hope to hear from you.

Tracy and Bradley

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tracy & Martin

For Adelaide, try asking on this website:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index.php?act=SC&c=2

Adelaide Brits members are incredibly friendly and helpful and if they don't know something, they tend to offer to find out for you.

For Melbourne, I've heard that this website is good, though I've never tried it myself:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

Cheers

Gill

Guest jonseywife

Hi all plumbers & their wives

Were heading melbourne way too........... and my OH is a plumber. Ive posted a few questions on here re: the same question but dont get many replies. Maybe there are'nt many plumbers going over, which is good news for us lot - hopefully they will be glad to see us and want to pay us a bit more!!!

Ive even trailed through all the Ozzie job websites to find out more and it never mentions the salary.... how annoying!!!!!! :mad:

One person on here mentioned $20-30 per hour (only the higher end of the scale if your licensed) or our Agent told us $50,000 - 70,000 per year!!!!! Its a bit vague but gives you a rough idea. Hope it helps.

I wish I had married a caroet fitter now, because strangely they seem to earn the best money, up to $2000 per week. :confused:

Guest tracy hunt

Thanks for your reply, I think you have to be able to afford a bit of a gamble as far as wages are concerned, because basically you wont know what you'll earn until you get there! How far are you with the process? Does your husband have a job in Oz to go to?

We are at the start of the process and it seems a daunting process but we are ready for it.

Bradley will have to get a job when we get there which will be hard as he hasn't worked for anyone since he finished as an apprentice 14 years ago.

Tracy and Brad

Guest jonseywife

Hi Tracy & Brad

Call us mad, like alot of others on the forum, were going out to Oz with nothing lined up, so just gonna see whats out there when we arrive. So that should be fun....??!!!!!

But were actually looking at it as a big,new adventure........ its exciting & scary at the same time.

We are half way through now, full visa application in and got Medicals booked for 2nd May (that the soonest they could fit us in!!!!!!!! :twitcy: )

Make the most of this forum, its really helpful and will see you all the way the process :biggrin:

Guest k&s2007

i have also been trying to find how much plumbers/gas fitters get.

i find it very odd that although we are on the modl list, there does not seem to be much info with regards to salary, I have found jobs advertised for around the 60k mark but you need your licenses first.

how do you get your licenses, i have looked into it, it does not seem very expensive to get the license depending whether or not they recogonize your skills and quals from the uk.

but what is the point of the tra if once you get there the licensing bodies decide not to accept your quals anyway.

Archived